i want an Ibanez RG7620 at one point of my childhood. Can I trust the sellers on eBay? or go to any random pawn shop?
Ibanez RG350MDX
Line 6 Spider
I've bought several guitars, an amp, and a Corvette on eBay with no problems thus far... Of course, that doesn't mean everyone is honest.
Check the sellers reputations and comments etc. If they have a good reputation, ask any questions you may have before bidding. Ask for additional pics etc...
Yes ebay is a good place to shop for guitars. Check the seller's reputation, and make sure the guitar has tons of clear pictures and descriptions.
Quote by Slacker996
i want an Ibanez RG7620 at one point of my childhood. Can I trust the sellers on eBay? or go to any random pawn shop?

Well the RG7620 might be a bit too specific if you'd go to pawnshops (very good guitar though).

When buying on Ebay:

-check the seller; look at feedback and other items this person has sold or bought. Investing five minutes doing this could be the difference between recieving a lovely new guitar or crap in a package.

-be suspicious of anything that's: a) from China or b) priced insanely low, but with very high shipping.

-ask for a bunch of pics, this wil give you a good idea of the condition.

-the more detailed the pics and description, the better. If someone posts a pic of, let's say, a small scratch on the side, it's less likely that the seller is going to screw you over. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's a good sign.

-when bought, ask them to package it very properly. Ten bucks spent on packaging is more than worth it.

With all of this, keep in mind that most sellers on Ebay are well willing people who just want to sell their guitar.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Ultimate Axe
Check the sellers reputations and comments etc. If they have a good reputation, ask any questions you may have before bidding. Ask for additional pics etc...

Yep, ebay isn't one seller. You may get good or bad service depending on who you buy from. Just don't buy from anyone with less than 90% positive feedback and you should be good to go. I've ordered allot from ebay, not just guitar stuff, but a load of other random stuff too. It's awesome.