In about a year and a half, Im gonna be off to college. I plan on trying out for the jazz band there. I really need to get faster, better, and cleaner. I also need to know some stuff about jazz.
What are some good speed and accuracy building techniques/ riffs? I've already started working on Steve Vai's ten hour workout thing.
What are some things I need to learn in order to play jazz. I already know how to read musical notation.
just keep playing and practicing i guess. see if you school gives lessons thru the music dept. the teachers are usually good and prices are reasonable. you'd prlly learn a lot from someone in that position.
Quote by rockr09
In about a year and a half, Im gonna be off to college. I plan on trying out for the jazz band there. I really need to get faster, better, and cleaner. I also need to know some stuff about jazz.
What are some good speed and accuracy building techniques/ riffs? I've already started working on Steve Vai's ten hour workout thing.
What are some things I need to learn in order to play jazz. I already know how to read musical notation.

Jazz is all about theory.

You need to know as much about chords, scales and improvisation as possible. Technique is nice, but generally, the most important thing is that you know what to play and not as much how.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!