Page 2 of 7
Quote by Marskell
precambian OWNS ALL OTHER MUSIC

Quote by Magero
1. Marskell;
Shut.
Up.
Stop being this obnoxious little twerp crying "OMG, BEST BAND EVER" in every thread. Try turning off the caps lock and expressing your affection for a band with rational thought, not "ARGH, YOU DON'T LIKE THEM!? HOW?! THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE AKHFUAHSF". It's getting really annoying.

2. Joe, check out the album "Precambrian", the entire 2nd disc is a lot closer to post-rock, disc 1 is a bit Meshuggah-esque (so I know you'd dislike it) but some of it is pretty good. Just try it man.

Quote by Marskell
of course Aoelian PWNS ALL

99.9% of the time my brain dosent function
"We carry death out of the village!"
Awesome band.

Also hilarious to see live. They opened with Lake Dissapointment and I think I was the only one to see "WHAAAAAAAAAAAT" coming.
Band rules.

Fluxion's been remastered with new vocals, sounds great.

Unfortunately, their vocalist (Mike Pilat, who did primary vox on Aeolian, Precambrian, and Fluxion "2.0") has now parted ways and they're lookin' for a new one.

Hopefully they find someone awesome and make moar music.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=dVlwK2VoSU91Yk9Ga1E9PQ

Mate of mine auditioned for vox and got into the top 100, but didn't make it any further.
I reckon he did pretty good.
Ay, great band, they help out a lot with Hospital of Death and Covet Chaos, really cool guys.
Yes indeed great band,
Sorry your friend didn't make the big time Mag
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Mmmk.. my opinions changed a bit since 2008. I got Precambrian. The 2nd disc is ok because its nicely done post-metal. 1st disc= skip.
I like this band a lot.

^noooo their megasludge parts are at least as good as their post-metally parts, imo

The City in the Sea and Legions of Winged Octopi, in particular, rule
Precambrian IS great. I saw these last year too supporting Opeth and Cynic. Great live sound too. I love this band anyway.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
I have "Precambrian", and I looooove it.

I need to get some of the other stuff, but I need a bit more time with Precambrian so I can let it properly soak in.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I'm still kicking myself over not getting the fancy Precambrian 3LP boxset when I had the chance.

Not listened to The Ocean in a while actually.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I will say, though, the first disc from Precambrian isn't my favorite thing in the world.

It sounds good, it's heavy, and it's not BAD, it's just too much of a Meshuggah ripoff. Yes, they add their own elements, and, like I said, it sounds great, but I can't take it seriously sometimes.

I don't know, it just gets on my nerves a little, for some reason I can't properly explain.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by eazy-c
I'm still kicking myself over not getting the fancy Precambrian 3LP boxset when I had the chance.

Not listened to The Ocean in a while actually.

I was gonna pick up the vinyl a few months back, but it was $70, so I was like "Maybe next time..."
Then it sold out.
I like them quite a lot, too.

Precambrian has basically the very best digipack design I have ever seen. A friend showed me how awesome it looks so I had to buy it...fortunately I also liked the music. The Fluxion remaster is very good, too.

I saw them with Opeth and Cynic and then again on their own tour with Burst(another great band) and was very satisfied!
Why not listen to my songs on my profile?
Although not their biggest fan on CD, when I saw them live I have to say I was impressed. Especially the way the intro and lights really drew your attention in, and then kicked in to the first song.
Precambrian was awesome. Rhyacian? Yes.
Anyone heard the clips they have up from Heliocentric? Sounds good. http://theoceancollective.com/heliocentric/
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Just noticed in the Metal-Archives entry for The Ocean, under session vocalists;

Nate Newton (Old Man Gloom, Doomriders, Converge, Lift, Jesuit, and Channel, Edison (Deu), Dwell, guest for The Red Chord, The Hope Conspiracy, Coliseum, Some Kind of Hate, Mi Amore, Young Widows)

I had no idea. Guest spot on an album/song or full time session guy?
I'm calling it, album if the year!!!!!
"We carry death out of the village!"
Quote by Annihilator666
I'm not sure about the other albums, but I know that Nate was on Precambrian and Aeolian. I'm going to guess he's on the new album(s) too. Speaking of the new album, I still have to give it a listen.

That's pretty awesome man. I love that one of their session vocalists is in/was in War From A Harlot's Mouth
Let's just say that two years ago, I was extremely underwhelmed by this band, both live and recorded.

I've only just heard the second disc of Precambrian. It's not bad. Not keen on the vocalist at all. But it's very listenable compared to what I've previously heard of them. There's some moments of gold in there.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
Let's just say that two years ago, I was extremely underwhelmed by this band, both live and recorded.

I've only just heard the second disc of Precambrian. It's not bad. Not keen on the vocalist at all. But it's very listenable compared to what I've previously heard of them. There's some moments of gold in there.

Check out the new album man, completely new vocalist.
Seems to be a lot of hate

Discovered this band from Last.Fm. I quite enjoy, not one of my all-time favourite bands but definitely an awesome outing.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!