Page 1 of 2
I love Yellowcard and almsot every song are perfect! They are just awesome! I love theyre style they are lika Pop/punk with acoustic guitars on many songs. They are awesome! Please write what you think about them here!
there must be another thread about them search and if there is one then ask there.
Looking for a new sig!
there okay....
not the bestest band ever
the violin in it is sooo hardcore
Its like a colour mismatch
They are pretty cool. I like Lights and Sounds best. Ocean Avenue was about girls typical pop-punk stuff. I like it when bands switch it up.
Check out their early stuff, especially the Underdog EP...And does anyone other than me like the album of theirs, Where We Stand?...actually, I'd be surprised if many people have even heard it, since it was recorded before Ryan Key was in the band. It's actually kinda metal or screamo...but in a strangely good way because of the violin.
"Where we stand"never heard of it. But I agree with you guys the early stuff were best now they're just like every other poppunk band.
yeah, they're one of my favorite bands around.
i don't mind bands like Blink 182, and the all-american rejects or american hi-fi, but you get sick of them, because they all end up with the same stuff. Blink tends to (in a lot of songs) have a 3rd verse where everything is much quieter, and travis does a little drum-roll while Tom and Mark just play small notes, then they go back to the chorus.

Yellowcard have an extra depth to their music because of the violin, and also that all of the musicians in the band are actually good at what they do. L.P is probably in my top 5 drummers i've ever heard, he's amazing at making up outstanding beats and fills that add another channel to their sound.

Just my opinion tho, tell me whether you agree.

oh and btw, i think they're best album is Paper Walls, and that they've gotten better with every record.
yellowcard- ocean avenue is a great album, other than that der decent.....
I have to say Inspection12 Pete's first band are way way way way way better...Pure awesome powerpop punk....Yas should all check em out on myspace...www.myspace.com/inspection12
www.street-dogs.com
www.randytheband.com
www.maroonhate.com
too bad their on hiatus/broken up.

and yeah, they do have extra depth than most radio friendly pop punk. Lights and Sounds is my favorite record by them.
"For Us, For Them, For You"
dude, you don't like Ocean Avenue?

seriously, who doesn't like Ocean Avenue? find one person. just one.

yeah, that's what I thought.

...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
I personally love them. Granted, they aren't 100% original, but they bring some cool things to the table. I love One For the Kids. Ocean Avenue was too poppy for me. I like Lights and Sounds, because it's a branch off of that poppy stuff. But I like their new album a lot. The violinist has improved significantly and the guitarist even pulls off a cool solo in "The Takedown". I don't get why everyone hates them.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
I saw a band do three horrible Yellowcard covers, a Paramore cover, and a Red Jumpsuit Apparatus cover at the last show I went to.

I shouldn't say saw, because I just hung out outside because they brought a new level to horrible bands.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
but that doesn't mean any of said covered bands are horrible.

I think they are. Yellowcard used to be cool, but now I'm not really a fan at all.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
to be honest, I'm not a fan of really any of those bands except I've liked RJA's first album somwhat but lost interest when they never made another one. I like some of Yellowcard's songs, but I've never bothered to buy an album so I don't know much about them either. *shrug*

I was just making a statement.

Lights and sounds is their best album 'articstically' wise, whereas Ocean Avenue is probably their most successful, and Paper Walls is probably my favorite, as it has a bit of both from those albums. They'll be back, the question is really when exactly.
Quote by fredzeskater
these guys are soo awful

alright then, well if you wanna elaborate any time do go ahead.

I dont mind you voicing your opinion, except put a reason behind it, instead of being a douche bag (which you no doubt are).
See when I bash a band, (see: All Time Low). I voice my reason(s) for it.

JawnEDIT: Excluding Less Than Jake. They just suck. Period. My word is law.
Quote by original=punk

JawnEDIT: Excluding Less Than Jake. They just suck. Period. My word is law.

Quote by Its_Rock77

It's true. They are truely the scourge of mankind. I would rather listen to The Eagles than listen to the travesty that is LTJ.
your comparison makes little sense, since the Eagles totally own.

Yellowcard is and always will be one of my favorite bands. I think Ocean Ave. was their best CD, because when they released Lights and Sounds it just didnt sound as good. I think that they somewhat revived themselves with Paper Walls, especially with songs like the takedown, fighting, and cut me mick, but Ocean Ave. is still their best effort. And from what ive read and heard Where We Stand was recorded while ryan key was in the band, but he only played rythem and didnt sing and he wasnt a total commitment to the band at the time, thats why he wasnt listed as a band member, but he is on the "thank you" part of the cd booklet.
They're alright. They sound mediocre and generic sometimes, but when they really try, they can make such amazing songs (see Holly Wood Died).
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
yeah, but fixed wrong

what album would you guys suggest I listen to for the best "yellowcard experience"?

Quote by Its_Rock77
yeah, but fixed wrong

what album would you guys suggest I listen to for the best "yellowcard experience"?

Paper Walls. The guitar work on that is way better than either ocean avenue or lights and sounds.
but is the music the best?

there is a huge difference.

I used to love em. Ocean Avenue is probably one of my favorite albums of all time. After that they kinda got less musical then they were in my opinion. They were original and the violin made their music stand out more than others. I still have Ocean Avenue in my car...somewhere...
Quote by Its_Rock77
but is the music the best?

there is a huge difference.

fair point.

hmmm.... well i reccomend 'the takedown' 'fighting' 'light up the sky' from that album anyway.

from lights and sounds probably 'waiting game' and 'rough landing holly' were my favorites.

try it out.
sweet. thanks.

ocean avenus is a fantastic pop punk album. i picked up lights and sounds but didnt rate is as highly, although Nice Landing Holly is a tune. i havent much of them recently, but i always liked the violin in it, gave it a nicer touch.
they're okay. i dont know much else by them except ocean avenue. but they are from jacksonville, fl so thats cool
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Page 1 of 2