hi does anyone know what the ska scene is like in the UK? any decent bands knocking about? haven't heard much. its all indie stuff which I like but a change would be good.
cheers
the only half decent band is random hand, but they're a cross between ska and faggy hardcore metal.

Someone's gonna namedrop Sonic Boom Six, who are complete sh*t.
Sonic boom shit, but as the name suggests. They're shit, and sonic, and somehow six fits in too.

Suicide bid have an excellent live show and decent music at times.
sonic boom six are horrendous i had to see them live waiting for aquabats (anybody else pissed SB6 headlined OVER WIFS?) but there singer does do cool stuff with Suicide Bid.
King blues arn't really ska but are awesome

EDIT. arn't the filaments back togehter? i think i saw in maxirock they did a split 7'.
Quote by crustyreed

EDIT. arn't the filaments back togehter? i think i saw in maxirock they did a split 7'.

I'm pretty sure they're not.

I caught their 268th last ever (ever ever) (No seriously this is the last one) (Seriously) ever show.

and king blues are pretty decent, nice blokes too.
suicide bid are good
random hand are decent too might watch them they're from near me
Last edited by skadforlife at Dec 8, 2007,
Oh my god, I am so over people saying how much Sonic Boom Six supposedly suck. If you don't like them, why even bother mentioning them?
Fools.

Anyway..... to the original poster... the UK ska scene is awesome. I've been out of it for a while, as I've been travelling, but there's some awesome bands. Ignore the others and check out SB6.. might take a while to get used to Laila's voice, but it grows on you. Random Hand, the King Blues, The JB Conspiracy, The Display Team, Catch-it Kebabs, The Fractions, The Klopeks, Harijan, Make It Better Later, Howards Alias.... etc are all well worth checking out.

www.skacommunity.co.uk

Quote by skadforlife
suicide bid are good
random hand are decent too might watch them they're from near me

where're you from? I'm assuming somewhere in Yorkshire, as the RH boys are from Keighley?
Quote by pInK_eLePhAnT
Oh my god, I am so over people saying how much Sonic Boom Six supposedly suck. If you don't like them, why even bother mentioning them?
Fools.

1.) If I didn't like Sonic Boom Sh*t, I'd not mention them. I ****ing hate them, and feel the need to rip on them at every opportunity. Besides, someone's going to mention them sooner or later, so why not get in early?

2.) You are blatantly NOT over people saying it because you get a rat in your knickers every time they aren't showered with praise.
Suicide Bid, Random Hand, Howards Alias, The JB Conspiracy, Grown At Home, Six Point Five, Mouthwash and 2 FT High.

They are all at least a bit ska, so check them out.
I really recommend Random Hand, [spunge], Catch-It-Kebabs and Fandangle. If you're looking for old but relatively modern (so, third wave) UK ska, then obviously Capdown and King Prawn are pretty safe bets.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
There not very well know but you should check out a band called The New Town Kings , they are a great up and coming Ska band.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
The Lock Up are not bad from newbury I believe. Depends on where you are at in UK

ska o rama festival cafe zapata berlin Dec 14
ok there was definitely an add for a filaments split 7' in this months MRR.
and i heard that Suicide bid and mischief brew were doing one too!!
Quote by crustyreed
ok there was definitely an add for a filaments split 7' in this months MRR.
and i heard that Suicide bid and mischief brew were doing one too!!

Never heard Suicide Bid, but I LOVE mischief brew... probably my second favorite band of all time