ok so i haven't had a floyd for very long (1 month) i got free strign changing with it sp first time i changed it i ddint see but i know what to do

but with gettign it back in tune do i need to unlokc the lockinhg nut and the lock bit o nthe bridge or just the nut need answer fast

thanks in advance
yes unlock both... and leave them unlocked for awhile. new strings tind to stretch alotyou'll have to tune it several times to get it to hold
Quote by ibanezjs
yes unlock both... and leave them unlocked for awhile. new strings tind to stretch alotyou'll have to tune it several times to get it to hold

The lock at the bridge is what holds the string in place. If you undo that it will pop out. All I ever did with mine was to String it up and wail on it a bit to stretch the strings and then retune and thats it.
To get it back in tune undo the lock nut at the neck tune it up normally then retighten the lock nut and then use the fine tuners to dial it in.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Check out my website. Their is a page with specific instructions for changing strings on a floyd rose equipped guitar. Enjoy!

"Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument."

-Steve Vai-

Become a master of guitar scales