Hey everybody...

A while ago, I picked up an Ibanez "Artcore" hollowbody electric (thinner body with a bigsby styled trem). I went to GC with a pocket full of money (ok, a pocket full of credit card!) planning on leaving with a Gibson or Gretsch in the $1500 range, and ended up finding a supposedly used AFS75T that played better than any of the high end guitars, for $300 (with HS case!)!

I've been playing it for over a year now, and it's time to hot rod it a little.
I've got Grover locking tuners on the way, and I'll be putting a graphite nut on it too.

The only other thing I want to change is the bridge pickup.

This one sounds a little thin to me (I'm used to playing a Gibson LP Custom).

I've tried running the neck pickup too, but then the sound loses a lot of it's "bite".

Here's the scoop:

I play mostly punk rock & "alternative" stuff (Everything from Green Day, to Alkaline Trio, to Misfits, etc...), with a little bit of everything else thrown in too.

However, I grew up on, and learned to play guitar with death metal. When I play palm muted, I want something that will rattle your guts... I have to have it.

I'm using Ernie Ball "Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms", George L cables, an old school Boss ME-5 pedal, a Sovtek Mig 100U head, and a Mesa 4x12 cabinet.

I've had a few people tell me that a Dimarzio "Air Zone" would work great for me, but I'm not familiar with that pickup at all.
To be honest, the only aftermarket pickup I have any experience with is the Seymour Duncan "Invader" I put in my Jackson USA Fusion.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Anything else I should consider changing instead of the pickup?

Thanks in advance!
Steve
Get a set of DiMarzio Virtual PAF's. I guarantee that'll get you what you're looking for.

You can't use really hot pickups because hollow bodied guitars are more susceptible to picking up hum and what-not. But yeah, PAF's will get you exactly what you're looking for.

Or, as a more budget friendly alternative, you could get a set of GFS PAF's or something.