Ok so I think I've got girl hands, I'm currently using a yam pacifica and I like the strat sound, I play ok so far but I think I could be better if I could reach around more, what is out there with what is considered a slim neck?

I hear Tele's have a slimmer neck, but I dont think you can get the dirty bluesy hendrixy tone with a tele can you?

Any help would be great before I spunk a load of money on something I cant play, oh yeah needs to be lefty

Ta.
look into ibanez guitars.

i was looking for a link, but ull want to check out wizard necks.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
put a wizard on a strat or put strat pups into an ibanez, or get a custom made one, but teles have a thicker neck than strats. comparable to gibsons.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Can't get dirty blues on a tele, huh? Buddy Guy uses teles along with his strats. I don't like them as much - strat fanboy. Teles have a different character but can definitely be used for blues.
i think tele's are a little less flat than LPs, and generally larger than strats.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The only advice I can give is to just go around to different music stores and try a bunch of guitars with different sized necks. I used to think that having a slimmer neck would make me play better too, since I have ridiculously small hands. I play a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser right now, which has a pretty thick neck, but it feels perfect for me. I have a hard time playing overly thin necks, like ones found on Ibanez's. Maybe I'm just used to the Hellraiser, though. Anyway, go out and try some stuff for yourself and find what's right for you.
also the profile means a lot more than thickness sometimes... look at D or V shaped necks, the D is flatter and the v is a V shape whereas I feel that C and U are very deep. if you keep your thumb on the bck of the neck then a flatter neck might help. I play thumb over fretboard and I prefeer C/U necks.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Quote by rhakiath
also the profile means a lot more than thickness sometimes... look at D or V shaped necks, the D is flatter and the v is a V shape whereas I feel that C and U are very deep. if you keep your thumb on the bck of the neck then a flatter neck might help. I play thumb over fretboard and I prefeer C/U necks.

Well, I've never had a lesson so I'm not sure my technique is alright or rubbish but it feels easier if I grip the neck into the palm rather than having my thumb on the back if that makes sense?

Its just some times it feels like a bit more reach would make it easier, I sometimes get pains in the back of my wrist from over stretching I think this is got me wondering whether I should look for something else.

Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately I dont know any guitar shops around here, I think the closest is 15 miles and the last time I went there they didnt have a single lefty in stock!!

Maybe a road trip is in order
Ibanez makes the thinnest necks in the business although the fretboard is a bit wide. I'm speaking for the RG series as I'm not sure about the other one's.

HOWEVER,

I can guarantee I have smaller hands than you man. I have the smallest hands of any guy I know and I play an Epiphone Les Paul and my sister has an Ibanez RG series and I like the Les Paul more than the Ibanez.

From the base of my palm (the crease--aka the line in your skin right beneath your hand) to the very tip of my middle finger measures 6.2 inches and I'm an adult male. Go ahead and measure your hands; I bet they aren't as small as mine and if they are congratulations because I've never met a guy with smaller hands than me...unfortunately.
Last edited by NocturnalOats at Dec 8, 2007,
lol, you're right, I've just measured and its 7" dead on (my hand that is)

Its funny you should mention the LP because I do fancy one of them, maybe I'll stick at it and see how I get on.

How do proper fender strats measure up? are they generally average size?

I've been offered a genuine Gibson LP custom in lefty for £500/$1000 which is rediculously cheap in the UK, basically the buy took it as payment for a debt, he isnt even left handed so hasnt played it!!!