hey all!

Yeah I am about to buy this guitar in Mirage Blue and am going to change the stock pickups out. By they way, aside from aesthetic differences and the dimarzio/ibz pickups is this guitar any different from the RG2570?

For pickups I was thinking:

Neck: PAF Pro or Air Norton
Middle: HS3 or YJM
Bridge: Tone Zone or Steve's Special

Any other advice on either the guitar or pickups would be greatly appreciated!
How do you know that you won't like the stock pickups?

The Dimarzio/IBZ pickups are actually very good. Most of Ibanez's Prestige, J Custom, etc. guitars come with very good stock pickups. So don't rule them out before you try them and get to know them.

Anywho, what kinds of music do you play? Can't recommend pickups without knowing what kind of stuff you play.
Quote by sobeisbull
dont get new pups, get a better guitar, something thats actually quality

Give me a break.

Ibanez makes some of the best quality guitars out there, especially their MIJ Prestige's.
music tastes: dream theater (Petrucci), malmsteen, satriani, bit of metallica here and there, bit of bluesy stuff, but more focused on the three guitarists i mentioned
Last edited by Lrn2shrd69 at Dec 7, 2007,
Quote by diditfortehlulz

The Dimarzio/IBZ pickups are actually very good.

I am getting an Ibanez RG1570, sorry if i didn't make that clear. RG1570 comes with v7, v8 and s1 pickups, not the higher quality dimarzio/ibz ones.
Quote by sobeisbull
dont get new pups, get a better guitar, something thats actually quality

Not quality yeah your kidding yourself rite? make some suggestions then please as to what you consider "quality".
Quote by Lrn2shrd69
I am getting an Ibanez RG1570, sorry if i didn't make that clear. RG1570 comes with v7, v8 and s1 pickups, not the higher quality dimarzio/ibz ones.

Oops, my bad.

Bridge: DiMarzio FRED
Middle: DiMarzio HS-2
Neck: DiMarzio PAF Pro
Quote by diditfortehlulz
Oops, my bad.

Bridge: DiMarzio FRED
Middle: DiMarzio HS-2
Neck: DiMarzio PAF Pro

WHy do you suggest Fred in the bridge? what about MO Joe?

WHat is major difference between HS3 and HS2 why do you suggets one over the other?

PAF Pro in neck sounds good but i think im liking the air norton more!

Plz give me reasoning behind your suggestions if thats ok!
I've got the RG1570 with tone zone in bridge and air norton in neck, sounds awesome, the real difference from the other pickups are that the tone zone is obviously boosted up , so more macho sounding , and the clean isn't as good but still get a thicker sound with it, the air norton is sick, very nice , sounds so smooth.. Go with that setup man .
hey what do you guys think? Steve's special, tone zone in bridge? In must be a good pickup to work with air norton neck, hs3 middle. In bridge pickup I'm looking for fairly high output, not quite EVO, good harmonics and a pickup that could do metal say metallica ish and also dream theater.
Firstly, I'm surprised it hasn't been asked yet - what amp will you be playing through? And secondly, those pickups would probably sound pretty decent through any good amp so I wouldn't buy anything until you've had a chance to play the guitar through one.
^ agreed. you'd probably want to switch the v-series pickups eventually, but wait until you know exactly what you want to change about your tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Assuming a decent amp, and your appreciation for Dream Theater, then a D-Sonic, magnet bar towards neck, on bridge is best for you, as it's the same one Petrucci uses.

And I'd suggest you get a higher output pickup than the HS-3...it's actually very quiet in comparison with the other ones you have. Maybe an Area 58 or Heavy Blues 2 would be more suitable by not getting lost.