list some of your favorites
Quote by JMDavis07
Why encourage him?

because he can

Tool- 46 & 2
The Offspring- Self Esteem
Archie Bell & the Drells- Tighten Up
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
The point is there have been so many of these threads. There was even one be-all-end-all bass songs to learn. But, since this isn't breaking a rule, it'll stay open until people realize the same suggestions are being made over and over again.
My God, why do you forum regulars always tell people to use the search bar? This forum would be boring if everyone found their answers using the search bar. The forum would be much much better if we just answered the same 5 flipping questions over and over again. It would be dead, instead of full of life, answering the same questions.

Yeah, it's really really stupid to think that way. Almost as dumb as "oh, everyone on the board hates this piece of equipment, therefore it automatically isn't as bad as everyone says it is."
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Dec 7, 2007,
Quote by thefitz
My God, why do you forum regulars always tell people to use the search bar? This forum would be boring if everyone found their answers using the search bar. The forum would be much much better if we just answered the same 5 flipping questions over and over again. It would be dead, instead of full of life, answering the same questions.

Yeah, it's really really stupid to think that way. Almost as dumb as "oh, everyone on the board hates this piece of equipment, therefore it automatically isn't as bad as everyone says it is."

WOULD be boring? I'm already bored of looking at the same crap over again. Which bass? Comments on the Fender Jazz? What song should I learn first?
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
PICK OR FINGERS?

But seriously I agree with thefitz. While'st reading the obligatory flaming dispensed by the former posters, I was thinking something along those lines. Yes people ask redundant questions. But what if when someone walked into your store and asked you where the bathroom was, you said "Ask someone who's been here before" or "use the floor plan posted in the employee break room". And honestly I don't mind questions like this because you get a handful of different and interesting answers. Points for debate, fresh inspirations, etc.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Oh...and Californication, Lacquer Head, Schism, and Slow Ride all have pretty killer bass lines just to name the first 4 songs that come to mind.
^Firstly, edit button, secondly, fitz was being sarcastic, and blatantly so, thirdly, that was a horrible analogy as it didn't really make any sense. We have a lot of information on this board waiting for someone to bring it up again. It's not like it's hidden away for regulars, or is hidden behind a door that requires you to answer a set of questions, each one harder than the last, to pass through it. It was also a horrible analogy, because we are not here to serve new people, and nor do they pay our salaries, therefore we don't HAVE to be nice to them, nor go out of our way to show them courtesy. Many people do, but if the answer to their question is only a few keystrokes and clicks away, then I say USE THE FUCKING SEARCH BAR. Most of the time, the debate was repetitive when the thread was around, if it was debate worthy in the first place, never mind when the thread is dragged up so people who don't read the first posts come in and say the exact same thing again.
No, you're not here to serve new people. Therefore you also have the choice to ignore them, which you have chosen not to use. Everytime there's a duplicate post, you feel the need to pop in and repeat the same thing, which in itself is becoming redundant, and gets old in itself. A more effective solution would be to IGNORE the poster so the post falls to the bottom, instead of bumping it with your 2-obligatory-cents. It's a message board about bass, there's no need to trash a guy for being on subject albeit one that's been done before. Now if he wanted to talk about the best guitar solos ever or the best way to put chains on your tires for snow-traveling, then maybe there'd be some justification.

There's just really no need to take crusading the bass forums or any forums so far. Like I said, you have a choice to ignore threads, and the best solution to trumping these repetetive ones is to not respond at all.
I have the choice to ignore the poster sure, but what fun would that be? Why, none at all. I like this forum, it's probably the best bass forum on the internet at this moment, and I don't see a reason to not want to keep it clean. You walk down the street, and see trash and just ignore it, right? Think of me as that one old lady in your neighbourhood who walks around with a plastic bag and picks up the old McDonalds bags, and Starbucks coffee cups. I'm just trying to keep this place interesting, and not as redundant. So sue me for wanting interesting topics, and trying to pound this into the brains of newcomers. If I ignore it, you know what's going to happen? It's going to happen again, and again, from the same guy. But, if me and my little band of crusaders can stop even on could be regular from being stupid (we missed Narc, it was a shame *shakes head sadly*), then we've done our job. *throws American flag cape around his shoulder and stares wistfully into the sunset.* You get the point though, no?
I get your point but it's evidently not helping that much. Because the same thing keeps happening. It's inevitable that people will ask the same or very similar questions, because most questions posed in the bass forums fall into 3 major categories.

-What should I buy
-What's the best
-Who's your favorite

And no amount of crusading's gonna change that unfortunately...
Am I the only one who doesn't mind necroposts? If someone feels like they need to make a redundant thread, why not necropost an old one. That way, we can have our new ideas and new debates, but at the same time, we see the context of them and the old debates at the same time.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Am I the only one who doesn't mind necroposts? If someone feels like they need to make a redundant thread, why not necropost an old one. That way, we can have our new ideas and new debates, but at the same time, we see the context of them and the old debates at the same time.

+1

Resurrection is better than cloning. Some of these threads are like old friends...
Quote by thefitz

I don't mind them one bit, but they shure feel weird. At least necroposting gives me the feeling that they actually searched for their answer.
The only thing I dislike about necrothreads, are most of the time it's a big thread that gets resurrected - just what I've noticed. Then, what happens is the person goes to the last page, and very rarely adds something worthwhile, it's normally just some random one sentence post saying that he agrees with something. Then we have a whole bunch of people who missed the thread the first time, who read the first post, click the "last page" button, and then post the same thing over and over again. It gets really pointless after a while. I have no problem with useful necroposting, but it's rarely useful, that's all.
*Death March Music*

Well, let's see.

-You knowingly posted a thread that has been done a million times.
-You got Thefitz to use sarcasm (god forbid)
-You got Ingsoc to lose faith in the crusades
-You got Jazzy to rant (more than usually)
-You even got Ben to try and make a crappy joke.

Wow, I should ban-hammer you so bad, but I'm a lazy man.

P.s. CLOSED