I need to work on my approach. This is how it usually goes:

I'll be sitting out at the quad and I'll see someone cute and I'll approach her like this:

'scuse me...I left my watch this morning. what time do you have?'

*she checks*

'oh, say, nice watch, where did you get it?'

*she says*

'oh, they always have classy stuff there.'

*she looks at me like I'm an idiot* *'sure, but why you still here?'*

'I'm sorry I'm an idiot. Well, have a good one.'

*I run off and hide with my shame*

So, how should I fix my approach?

If there is a way please tell me.

I don't want to have to wait 'til next semester to meet someone.
You didnt say anything funny.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
just make eye contact with this girl in class, smile and laugh a bit.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
It's better than my approach. I usually go up and say hello. I have no plan on what to talk about and improvise on the moment.
Within the first like four lines you say, it has to be funny. Other than that, 95% of the time it's dead in the water.
No dead baby jokes.
No mudkipz.
No barrel rolls.
No IcyHot.
A REAL joke thats ACTUALLY funny.
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
Tell her something you like about her. Be 100% confident. You cant think about it. At all. Youll psyche yourself out.
If I could improvise in the real world the way I do in Jazz Class, I'd be set!

Unfortunately I can't.

What would be something funny?

Also, keeping in mind this is the first time I've ever even SEEN them.

I don't want to sound too creepy
Quote by G-Rock
Within the first like four lines you say, it has to be funny. Other than that, 95% of the time it's dead in the water.
No dead baby jokes.
No mudkipz.
No barrel rolls.
No IcyHot.
A REAL joke thats ACTUALLY funny.

Not just a joke either. Make something up about some nearby event or something. Say your at the park and you see a girl watching this guy try to ask out another girl, but he fails at life, and she doesnt like it. You could say, "Hey maybe she should try asshole repelant." Or make a funny comment on a current event that is nearby. Dont use jokes like, "Why did the dead baby cross the road? It was stapled to the chickens back!!1!!11 LULZZZ!!" And DO NOT ask for the time. Ever.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
Quote by neptune1988
If I could improvise in the real world the way I do in Jazz Class, I'd be set!

Unfortunately I can't.

What would be something funny?

Also, keeping in mind this is the first time I've ever even SEEN them.

I don't want to sound too creepy

Being funny isn't the most important thing. As long as you walk up to them with confidence and say hello and start talking about whatever you'll be fine. Funniness comes from talking. It's pretty weird if you just walk up to them and tell them a random joke. Wait for a good moment when the joke wouldn't seem completely irrelevant to the conversation.
So, just strike up a conversation about any innocent, completely, legitimate, thing or event or whatever, throw in a joke or two, a comment, and then ask for her number?

Even though she's never seen me before?

And she shouldn't call security for stalking or anything? *AAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!*

yeah, that last line is me just being paranoid.

Hello? Anyone?

Last edited by neptune1988 at Dec 7, 2007,
Quote by neptune1988
So, just strike up a conversation about any innocent, completely, legitimate, thing or event or whatever, throw in a joke or two, a comment, and then ask for her number?

And she shouldn't call security for stalking or anything? *AAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!*

Hello? Anyone?

Most guys (and girls for that matter) can "sense" if she's interested. Go with your instinct. If she seems bored and untalkitive, dont bother.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
Quote by neptune1988

Exactly. Just make sure what you talk about IS innocent and legitimate. It shouldn't be like politics or religion but it also shouldn't be something like what you would say to a guy. It also depends how old you are. Also, never do this:

you: Do you like music?
her: Yes
you: I play guitar.
If you're gonna use the "I need the time" approach, only do it once, and use it as an icebreaker that you can bring out at a later time. Just ask for the time, say thank you and smile, then walk away. Then maybe you'll see her at a party or in class some time and you'll have enough grounds for a conversation. "Hey, the girl with the watch! How are you?"
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Also, make up random events, after you do your approach thing. like if you talk about the place where she bought her watch, say something nonchalantly, like "i went their last week. their were these two midget chicks fist-fighting over some 7 foot basietball player". anything to get them interested.
Why I Love Spanish Women

I'm hoping by "crack" you mean cleavage unless you have some kind of bizarre ass-chest.

Quote by Kensai
Dude, relax. Don't be so rape about things.
Yeah you should trust Murphin. He has 999999 points.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Quote by 7daycrisis
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Stormx
Quote by BillieJoeFreak:
Yeah you should trust Murphin. He has 999999 points.

Word, the point meter stops there.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
say "i have a splintor in my pen3r!" for humanittys sake she will help get it out and when she sees the size it will make or break the relationship. and by that she will either giggle or stuff it in her mouth
the main thing you're doing wrong is starting the conversation about yourself not her.

try something different like, *girl drops books* "oh, hey, you ok? it's such a mission carrying tonnes of books *help them pick her up* haha, yeah, i always drop mine too. what classes are you doing? oh, wow that's awesome! i'd love to try that, but i don't think i'd be any good/i do that too!/i know someone who does that, his/her name is x, do you know them?"

and so on.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse
the main thing you're doing wrong is starting the conversation about yourself not her.

try something different like, *girl drops books* "oh, hey, you ok? it's such a mission carrying tonnes of books *help them pick her up* haha, yeah, i always drop mine too. what classes are you doing? oh, wow that's awesome! i'd love to try that, but i don't think i'd be any good/i do that too!/i know someone who does that, his/her name is x, do you know them?"

and so on.

No, make fun of her, then help her. Make fun of the situtation instead building up tension.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
No, make fun of her, then help her. Make fun of the situtation instead building up tension.

Yeah I kind of agree. Although a straight out insult is kin of out of order.

I'd help her pick them up and say 'If I hurt my back I'm going to sue.'

Hmm. Happy with that one.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
Yeah I kind of agree. Although a straight out insult is kin of out of order.

I'd help her pick them up and say 'If I hurt my back I'm going to sue.'

Hmm. Happy with that one.

Clearly I don't mean pointing at her and yelling "everyone look at the stoopid!!". I mean make fun of her in a light way, then keeping the lightness up with the line you suggested.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Clearly I don't mean pointing at her and yelling "everyone look at the stoopid!!". I mean make fun of her in a light way, then keeping the lightness up with the line you suggested.

well yeah, making a joke rather than making fun of her. if someone makes a joke at my expense i instantly hate them and vow to kill them, so don't make her feel bad.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy