i'm still a fairly new guitarist (nearly 7 months now) but up until this point, i've played acoustic. i recently bought an electric guitar and an amp, and i'd like to put them to use. i listen to a lot of acoustic/folk music so i'm sort of ignorant of songs with electric guitar-- can anyone recommend some beginner electric guitar songs for me?

also. i was looking at a few electric guitar tabs and a lot of them have 2 guitar parts. since i'm only 1 person, if i were only to play 1 part, would the song still be cohesive, or am i expected to combine the parts somehow?

thanks.
I AM IRONMAN... does that answer first part of it?

i usually play the lead and then find the song on youtube, and there you have an easy backing track
sorry i cant really advise some songs till we found out if you would like metal or classic rock or blues etc. as for the 2 parts i just usually play the rhythm part, so playing along to the track i would play the rhythm and the lead would be on the track of course, its up to you what you would chose to do
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
listen to some lynrd skynrd, they have a variety of ways electric can be played, from arppergio (broken chord...playing notes of chords up and down), struming, slide guitar and lead,

dire straits too, mark the boy! he never uses a pick!
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
Smoke on the water is a great starters song, and I'd say don't keep your mind on one type of genre try playing every thing, cause I found to myself that blues and jazz have alot of roots with all the other genre's, this also apply's to over types of music too
2 parts = 2 guitars.
If they coulda combined it, they woulda, but you can't so just pick one. Usually the rhythm will sound normal with the song. Sometimes it won't sound cohesive, nothing you can do, you need 2 guitars and a bass.
Beginner electric guitar = blink182, nirvana, greenday
Just make sure after a coupla months you're playing other stuff
pantera?
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2