The last 4 months since getting a floyd equipped guitar ive been trying to learn the harmonic squeal, i'm a solid player and know whats what on guitar,

ive been watching instructional videos and i understand everything how it works, and ive been trying for along time

e.g 3 fret g string

the 'pull off' then 'dump' the bar and catch the harmonic on the way up,

i cant seem to catch the harmonic 'loud' enough for it to get the effect, although if i dump the bar and play the harmonic with my pick when the string is slack and raise it it works, however this ain't really the easiest thing to do quickly

i can catch a similar harmonic with the 'pull off' and 'catch' technique on the g string at about 22 fret,

please help
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
try catching it just in front of the fret (towards you/the body)
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Well if you are trying to do i on the 3 fret thats too hard for your first attempt at it try doing it on the 9th fret or 12th and when u actually get it to work do it on the 5th and if u master that then go on to the 3rd. Try doing it on different parts of the fret theres different "sweet spots" not just right above it. Also make sure u have a lot o distortion and treble
I can get 12, 7, 5 harmonics fine enough, i use a lot of open harmonics in my playing, so i know the importance of where and how to touch the string to get harmonics, its just this one on the 3rd on the g, the dimebag style one

yeah my amp is gain saturated, as normal lol and loud!!!
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
what i rtend to do is flick the g string with my ringo finger then dump the bar nd catch the harmonic on the way up...this ia very similar to how dimebag does it...but its not quite the same lol...in other words....i flick offf the open g string, then dump the bar, and then catch the harmonic on either the 12, 9, 7, 5 and 3 in front of and behind the fret
I can do them easily but does anyone know of any songs that use them because I cant remember any off the top of my head.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Eddie VanHalen used them alot. A couple in particular I can think of are the solos for Girl Gone Bad, and House of Pain, from the 1984 album. He used them alot though, so your sure to find them on pretty much any Van Halen album.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Guitardude19
I can do them easily but does anyone know of any songs that use them because I cant remember any off the top of my head.

Satriani uses them a fair bit, usually more often live.
Quote by Guitardude19
The intro to Beast And The Harlot has one beastly harmonic squeal.