so my sister plays bass (fender jazz aerodyne) and for christmas i'd like to get her a hardshell case. I went to GC, and all the cases they had were over $100. are there any good ones for $80 or less?
look for SKB cases and BTW most hardshells are over 100
but you might be able to score a nice Hard/soft
i prefer those cuz they have pockets and zippers for stuff most hardshells dont have much storage room
Maybe go on the net to find some good deals, as well as look into soft hardcases. I know it seems like a backwards concept but it's basically crossing a soft gig bag, and a hard case, to make a soft hardcase. They have protection similar to a particle board hardcase, with the ease (and in some cases, cost) of a gigbag.
musiciansfriends has "house brand" cases under $100. also as mentioned, the Gator softside hard cases work very well. SKB makes a "Freedom" line of cases, that are under $100, and are very nice cases. i use a Gator softside, for my Hwy 1.
I saw this one coffin shaped case on teh enternet and it wuz leik 80 bucks.I forget where tho.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
musiciansfriends has "house brand" cases under $100. also as mentioned, the Gator softside hard cases work very well. SKB makes a "Freedom" line of cases, that are under $100, and are very nice cases. i use a Gator softside, for my Hwy 1.

The Gator softside cases are worth a look and are well under 100. I have one for my Ibanez. They make great gig cases with a outside pocket that can hold everything you need for a gig. They also have a shoulder strap along with the usual handles, for easy portability.