Didnt they start in 86 or so?

Because I was reading this page I found when I was looking for pictures, and it was talking about 86, and how grohl was only in the band for 4 years? Is this the same grohl in the foo fighters?

oh and, I was also wondering, the 94 show, was that there last show because they were breaking up the band, or because.. he died..
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
yes its the same dave grohl, and he only joined before nevermind came out. i thought they started in 87 but i could be wrong

edit-they broke up because and after he died
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
yeaah they had a diff. drummer on their Bleach album, didn't they? Chad Channing on drums and a Jason Everman on 2nd guitar :P
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
im thinking you'll get better answers in the B & A forum.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
i have no respect for kurt at all..

or any other of those rockstars who OD'd. there stupid. millionaires, cant they just play and be a NORMAL PERSON but nope, they gotta go marrie ugly sluts then shoot them selves with shot guns.

Or they could retire and live the life.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Takamine EG333C
Quote by rush4life
Dave didn't join for awhile. I'm pretty sure they went through a few drummers.

yes, quite a few
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Quote by MxPxPanic
i have no respect for kurt at all..

or any other of those rockstars who OD'd. there stupid. millionaires, cant they just play and be a NORMAL PERSON but nope, they gotta go marrie ugly sluts then shoot them selves with shot guns.

Or they could retire and live the life.

dude kurt was ****ed up, if you dont have respect for him, at least have some sympathy. he had some issues dude.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
true but....

starting with courtney was complete failure on his half.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Takamine EG333C
Starting around 1986 or 87 Kurt and Krist played together under a couple of names with a couple of drummers before Chad Channing joined and they came up with the name Nirvana in late 87/early 88.

Dave Grohl was the band's 4th or 5th drummer depending on how you count. He joined in 1990. He is the same Dave Grohl in the Foo Fighters.

The Last Nirvana show was in early march of 1994. It was the last show because the tour ended shortly afterwards (they were supposed to play a few Scandinavian dates but those were canceled because Kurt was sick). Kurt killed himself a month later and that was when the band broke up.

this information is really readily available, did you really need to make a thread about it?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
yeah, they started in 86-87 with different band names, playing with many different drummers including Aaron Burkhart, Dale Crover (the Melvins)and Dan Peters (Mudhoney). When Bleach came out, it featured Chad Channing on drums (who sucked major ass) and featured Jason Evermann who was credited as a second guitar although he never recorded a track on Bleach. Jason eventually got fired and played bass for Soundgarden where he was once again fired rather quickly.

Before recording Nevermind, they hired Dave Grohl from Washington D.C. band Scream. The played together until the end.

During the "In Utero" tour, guitarist Pat Smear of The Germs became an unofficial second guitarist. after Kurt's Murder/Suicide (what ever you think), Dave Grohl formed the Foo Fighters and Pat Smear soon joined Dave Grohl in the Foo Fighters. Krist went on and played in a few bands like Sweet 76 but got more into politics. I think currently he plays with Flipper.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by civildp1
Starting around 1986 or 87 Kurt and Krist played together under a couple of names with a couple of drummers before Chad Channing joined and they came up with the name Nirvana in late 87/early 88.

Dave Grohl was the band's 4th or 5th drummer depending on how you count. He joined in 1990. He is the same Dave Grohl in the Foo Fighters.

The Last Nirvana show was in early march of 1994. It was the last show because the tour ended shortly afterwards (they were supposed to play a few Scandinavian dates but those were canceled because Kurt was sick). Kurt killed himself a month later and that was when the band broke up.

this information is really readily available, did you really need to make a thread about it?

+1; you know your stuff.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
Quote by OffspringPhreak
+1; you know your stuff.

did kurt kill himself or did cournet kill him? ive read alot about it and even did a website about it in my business class in high school just last week...and the main fact for believing that it wasnt suicide was that the autopsy revealed he had 3 times the lethal dose of heroin in his system which would of made him unable to even pick up a gun let alone pull the trigger...plus some guy (i forget his name) said in an interview that he was once a very good friend of courtneys and she asked him to murder kurt cause just before the rome incident kurt was filing papers to divorce courtney but she wouldnt let him and she quoted "u will never get away from me i will follow you right through to hell"...so like i said i also know about the note and im not saying that he killed himself nor am i saying that courtney murdered him all im saying is be optimistic and join the club petition to pressure the police to reopen the case and have a proper investigation done.
better to burn out than to fade away :stickpoke