i use my pinky once in a while when necessary, but now that i've started to play some harder songs, I've found that i can't move my pinky fast enough. anyone know any good pinky exercises?
try some 4 note per sting paterns. start slow and work your way up. also try doing some fret streching. just anything you can think of to build the streangth up in your pinky
Sorry mate i have no exercises for you but i suffer the same problem as u. when i play i dont even use my pinky it just tucks itself away and i have no control over it

IT sucks ass
Quote by Kensai
You're a sick uncompassionate tool who puts the deaths of animals with subaverage cognitive functions above your own kind.

You're perfect for PETA. Just set fire to a house and you're in.
play your usual riffs, but don't use your index finger. your middle finger frets where your index normally would've, ring where your middle would've, and use your pinky for any/everything else. it's a bitch but it really helps you learn to stretch that sucker out and nail those tricky solos later on.
Decapitated's Spheres of Madness.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
E--------------------------1-3---3-1-----------------------------------------------
B---------------------1-3-------------3-1--------------------------------------------
G---------------1-3------------------------3-1-----------------------------------and so on
D----------1-3----------------------------------3-1----------------------2-4-----------
A------1-3-------------------------------------------3-1-------------2-4---------------
E-1-3-----------------------------------------------------3-1---2-4-------------------

For this exercise use only your pinky and ring finger. This is my warm up and you just go all the way down the neck. If you have trouble with this just start farther down the neck to make it easier.
hey metallica rules your sig is fukin funny
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
e-----------------------------------------------------1--3--5--
b-------------------------------------------1--3--5------------