Anyone else like this band as much as I do? Probably within the Top 5 of my favorite bands list. I'm also extremely excited to hear Richard Patrick is back to recording a new record for 2008. www.official-filter.com It's called "Anthems for the Damned". So far though my favorite album by them is "The Amalgamut" followed by "Title of Record" then "Short Bus". Although they are all really close to being equally awesome. Anyone else love um, like um, hate um?
**** yeah!!! Filter is easily one of the most overlooked bands of all time. The Amalgamut was a brilliant record, and NO ONE has ever heard a song off of it. People barely remember them for their big hit, Hey Man Nice Shot, which was epic btw.

funny you should post this. At the Killswitch Engage/ Lamb of God show in Chicago on wednesday, they played Hey Man Nice Shot during one of the set changes, and I ****in sang my heart out and got weird looks. It was great.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
lol yea. So overlooked there wasn't even a single forum thread about them already. They really are excellent and I can't wait until they tour again. I think Richard will be the only original member though as all the others have moved on to other things since the bands "hiatus" in 2003. Theres some wiki info. Not sure if it's 100% correct but the band is definatly recording a new album for next year and that's all that matters for me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter_%28band%29#Anthems_for_the_Damned
dude I had no idea. Thats awesome, I cant wait.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
omg I just read the wiki article...that is one hell of an all star lineup for the new filter album.

lets start a ug filter group.
TheBurningFish wrote:

Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
i think Take a Picture pissed some people off. but Hey Man is EPIC! i honestly tried to listen to more from them, but i wasnt feeling it. they are still a good band though.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
jesus...filter thread has like 5 posts? are you bullsh*tting me?...come on people.

i'm listening to skinny right now, great song

EDIT: oh, and they've got a new song on the myspace...it's alright kinda was expecting more but, i'm sure old Richard Patrick will pull through
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
I've heard only a couple songs by them but havent really looked into the band. Hey man and Trip like I do are sweet, but I hate Take a Picture.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
Filter are up their as one of my favourite bands, favourite album is a tie between Short Bus and The Amalgamut, I was a little disappointed with Title of Record, in my honest opinion, Filter are at their best with their heavier songs,although I do like some of their more laid back songs (Where Do We Go From Here).

Anyway, dying to hear their new album, I hope it retains the aggression and style of Amalgamut
anyone buy the new album? i've only listened to it like 5 times on their myspace but they took it down...it sounds great, 'lil different but still filter. Cold is a beautiful song
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
They were great at Rock on the Range. I'm trying to get into some of their other stuff. So far I've only heard Hey Man Nice Shot and Take A Picture (which I cannot stand).
I just found out about them when I came across "Hey Man, Nice Shot" on Pandora a couple weeks ago (great song). I bought Short Bus yesterday, and am especially enjoying "Stuck in Here"; it's an interesting turn to the album, one that's repeated in "So Cool". But because I have OCD when it comes to buying albums, I think I'll have to buy each album chronologically. So it'll be a while before I get around to Anthems for the Damned.