Poll: How Many Effects Pedals Do You Use?
Poll Options
View poll results: How Many Effects Pedals Do You Use?
Straight To The Amp
25 13%
One
38 20%
Two
34 18%
Three
23 12%
Four
19 10%
Five or More
55 28%
Voters: 194.
Page 1 of 3
I only use a Sonic Stomp (incredible pedal)

Tuners dont count

Multi Effect Units count as one
Last edited by evil_in_you at Dec 8, 2007,
mostly just distortions every here and there. i have an old bass DOD envelope filter. the type with just two knobs instead the 3-knob type that they have now. sounds pretty ****ing sweet on guitar. i rarely put it in my chain tough

im a guitar-->amp and crank it sortof guy really
A Boss GT-8 and a Boss RC20-XL (Looping station). Might geat a compression/sustainer pedal soon.

Moon
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
I use two multieffects pedal, so, yeah.

A Zoom GFX-707 and Zoom 3030. GFX for the cool special FX and 3030 for the DS/OD and delay.
Cheaters never win but they do score.
I only use one. A Danelectro FAB METAL through my 6505 head—until I find the ULTIMATE distortion pedal!
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

I use four. Wah, Overdrive, Compression and Delay
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
OD & delay.. Haven't used the muff in a while
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Straigt to amp ATM. But after I bought a new guitar, im gonna buy a Metal Muff, and maybe a Wah, maybe some other nice sounding effects too.
MY RIG
ESP LTD MH-400
Roland Cube 15X
straight to the amp for me. I've got a Marshall mg100dfx and its got chorus, delay, chorus + delay and flange built in so I'm fine for a bit but i should be getting a Crybaby Wah Pedal and I also want a Dime Distortion Pedal too.
When I play gigs, I generally use 2. My Ibanez Tubescreamer and my Sovtek Small Stone. I only use the Small Stone on one song but my TS9DX gets used on about 90% of songs.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
At the moment just 2, a wah and a tonebender. Should be building an overdrive and delay soon though
Quote by LEVEL4
I only use one. A Danelectro FAB METAL through my 6505 head—until I find the ULTIMATE distortion pedal!

Why use a ****ty distortion pedal through a head with more distortion than ANY other head on the market?

Plus the 6505 has GREAT distortion!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Why use a ****ty distortion pedal through a head with more distortion than ANY other head on the market?

correction: a 5150 has even more gain

but i also don't get why he's doing it...
I use Boss CH-1, Boss DS-2, EHX Big Muff PI, Ibanez WH10 Wah. There's going to be more of them certainly
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Guitar -> amp.

Mainly because I only have a reverb pedal at the moment. It's a Behringer, so it's crappy and unreliable, and the reverb on my amp is nicer anyway.

In the future, though, it will most likely be quite a few. Fuzz, overdrive, wah, chorus, phaser and delay.
Quote by Gabel
Have you actually heard a Danelectro FAB Metal through a 6505? It actually sound pretty f*cking good! Plus, I got it for free! Like I said, this is just until I decide on a really cool distortion pedal.

Quote by Gabel
But, it sounds SO cool with even MORE!

Quote by The red Strat.
correction: a 5150 has even more gain . . .
I was under the impression that non-plus versions of both 5150/6505s had the same amount of gain, and that the "plus" versions of each, have slightly less gain. I have a non-plus 6505.

Quote by The red Strat.
. . . but i also don't get why he's doing it
I'll put the same question to you . . . have you actually heard a FAB Metal thought a 6505 head? Don't knock something until YOU'VE heard it.
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at Dec 8, 2007,
I use my Bad Monkey, and my Wah in front of my amp and that's it. I'll probably amass a load of ODs, and except my wah, that's basically all I will ever use. I'm not one for Phasers, Delays or anything, and at live venues you get free reverb anyway.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Overdrive/Distortion, and a Flanger, on low rate with low depth, its wonderful .
3, but mainly 2

i have a discontinued multi-effect from zoom (which i dont use anymore) and two pedals from zvex (fuzz factory and wah probe)
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by Phorgot
3, but mainly 2

i have a discontinued multi-effect from zoom (which i dont use anymore) and two pedals from zvex (fuzz factory and wah probe)
How do you like your Zvex Fuzz Factory? Is it everything you hoped it would be? Could you describe the sounds you get out of it a bit?

Quote by LEVEL4
How do you like your Zvex Fuzz Factory? Is it everything you hoped it would be? Could you describe the sounds you get out of it a bit?

if u want a tight fuzz sound, there are compression and noise gate knobs. if u want light fuzz, u can adjust accordingly. Thats why there are 5 knobs.

but the pedals are wallet-busters, u could probly get somethign as decent for much less

EDIT: looking at your gear, there wouldnt be a problem with expense
I see no sign of fortress.
just a dunlop cry baby but want to put a chorus pedal in there too. i have great reverb built into the amp. and, contrary to popular opinion about twin reverbs, i really think my twin has good overdrive. of course it's a twin reverb 2, only a few years in production. not sure how it differs in sound compared to a standard twin reverb other than more power. (105 watts)
\m/(>_<\m/
ROCK ON!!

Fender Stratocaster Standard
Fender Twin Reverb II 105 Watts
Takamine EG-330 cutaway elec/acoustic
Ibanez Demon Wah Pedal
Various Effect Pedals
I use a lot now...

Maxon OD-808, EHX Holy Grail, MXR 10-Band EQ, Visual Sounds H2O, ISP Decimator, Dime Wah

Don't always have them on at the same time, but sometimes I do.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
5+

My Digitech Whammy pedal is on and off my board, most of the time it's out of my setup.

Morley Bad Horsie II -> Dunlop 535Q -> MXR Phase 90 -> DOD YJM308 -> BBE Green Screamer

I'm always buying and selling OD pedals, so there's a good chance I'll be trying another OD with my setup. Probably a Fulltone OCD next. I use both wahs for two reasons: 1) I can't decide which one I want to keep on the board permanently 2) I've got the 535Q set for a deep wah sound and the Bad Horsie II is primarily what I use for leads.

I'll probably be adding a TC Electronics unit to my setup soon, unless I spend more than I want in NY.
At the moment 2, hopefully getting a chorus.

Distortion and Wah.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
I use 5. And a tuner pedal which doesn't count.

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell > Digitech Bad Monkey > EHX Little Big Muff > Boss PH2 > EHX Deluxe Memory Man
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
9. :/

I'm a pedal fanatic. I also have one not on my board and 4 more coming for christmas...well 3, since one is a tuner. And then I have a tuner too already, but it's not a pedal tuner, where as the one I'm hopefully getting for xmas is.

Anyway;
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensamble
MXR Phase 100
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion
Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah
DOD FX35 Octoplus
EHX Sovtek Big Muff

The MD-2 and Screamin' Blues are in danger of leaving my chain soon though. I'm almost positive the Digitech will be, as I basically use it as a clean boost, but it is very digital sounding, and i'm geting an MXR Micro Amp.

The MD-2 is pretty high gain and I might get rid of that as well, since whatever I can do with it, I can do with the Big Muff anyways.

I'm getting a DE-7 Delay/Echo and Dyna Comp for Xmas with the micro amp.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I use everything in my sig when I go to jam or anything, but most of the time I just run straight into my amp.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Guitar -> Zoom G2.1U -> Behringer EQ700 -> Boss RC-2 Loop Station -> Roland Microcube (only use the mic setting and usually headphones).

So 3.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I currently only have four. My setup goes-

Amp--> Ibanez SM7 --> Ibanez FL9 --> Onerr Wah ---> Guitar
|
|
V
Recording Studio ---> Laptop
^
|
|
Drum Machine

Not amazing, but it gets the job done.
Page 1 of 3