Will it work? Will it cause any damage? Will it sound any good if you can?
YOU LOST
Last edited by leftyguy at Dec 8, 2007,
What is the guitar exactly? A Gibson ES-335 type thing? Because that's just an electric with a big hollow body.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I wouldn't call that a semi-acoustic guitar. I'd call it an acoustic guitar. Well, and acoustic-electric. Google Gibson ES and you'll see what a semi-acoustic guitar is.

Anyways, back to the point.......................yes, it is safe to plug that into an electric amp.
Signature
That's an Electro-Acoustic.

A Semi Acoustic is something like an ES335, which is a big hollowbody electric.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
just on this topic, i dont know much about acoustic electrics, but can i plug one say directly into one of the speakers off my marshall stack or do i need a pre amp or something?
you need a preamp.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

just watch out for feedback....get as far away from your speakers as possible

acoustics are known for feedback issues when run through a standard electric amp
Quote by virgja264
just on this topic, i dont know much about acoustic electrics, but can i plug one say directly into one of the speakers off my marshall stack or do i need a pre amp or something?

a lot of acoustic guitars, equipped with a pickup, already have a good preamp.

you can plug it into an electric amp and see how it sounds.
start volume low.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by virgja264

if you are talking about bypassing the amp all together and just plugging into a speaker then no. a preamp is just that before the amp which is the power section. no power section no sound as a preamp can't drive the speaker that is the power sections job.
Quote by Vendetta V
may be it is possible to plug to the FX loop??

it might be possible however then you get into signal issues. if the signal (impedence) matches then it would work if not then you would get a to low sound or a lot of noise depending. just plugging into the clean channel of an amp will give best results. you will have to play wit the tone controls as acoustic and electric guitars tend to emphasize different parts of the tone spectrum.