I am looking for a new amp, and I came across two tube amps.One is the Peavey Valveking 212 (100w), and the other one is Marshall TSL 601 (60w).Which would you guys prefer?
Peavey, but why in hell do you need 100w tube? look at the 2x12 50w unless ur playing freaking like stadiums.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Marshall. and 100w tube is gonna be heard in the next city if u crank it. u definately dont need 100w tube unless ur playing a festival and dont have much in the way of a PA.
yeah, i'd definetly go with the peavy. But there's no way you'd need 100watts of tube power. Tube amps are much much more powerful. My 40watt tube amp would blow a 100w SS amp out of the water.
Signature
Quote by ZoSo_420
yeah, i'd definetly go with the peavy. But there's no way you'd need 100watts of tube power. Tube amps are much much more powerful. My 40watt tube amp would blow a 100w SS amp out of the water.

Well, I kind'a hoped that the two speakers instead of one would give a richer tone, but hey there is always the 50watt valveking model , Hey maybe anyone owns a Valveking or a TSL 601?
To be more detailed, I have a custom HSS strat , and I'm looking for both a good clean tone for the single coils and a fat rock type drive from the humbucker, I've heard that marshall has a weak clean channel, how about peavey?
Go for the 50W 2x12 Valveking and you'll be sorted.
The best word I can manage about Marshall cleans is 'adequate' (obviously not including the 1974, Bluesbreaker, JTM etc). There isn't a huge tonal difference between the two amps, but the VK has nicer clean and low-gain tones.The only major plus pont for the TSL is the amount of preamp gain it can produce, though the VK is still the better buy.
Alright, Thanks a million people ;] I guess i'll go with the Peavey.The only thing to decide 100 watts or 50 watts. The problem is that the 50 watt VK has one speaker , and ,believe it or not , the 100 watt VK has two speakers, although 100 watts for a tube amp seem to be a lot of sound and hard thing to carry, maybe the two speakers can make up with sound quality.what do you think? " :]