So two weeks ago i bought this guitar with EMG active pickups, and i gotta tell ya, I'm love in it. But anyway it was a surprise to me that they work with a battery so i was just wondering what happens when the battery is out?
stick a new one where the old one was
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Basically, the volume starts to fade in and out when its running low. and when its dead you will barely be able to hear it, even on a full volume amp.
No reason to be a dick dude. If the battery dies, no sound will come out. Active pickups have their own little preamp thing.
it sucks having to always buy batteries to make up for the less coil winds that active PU's have. Pu's should just work
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Quote by Havok19
it sucks having to always buy batteries to make up for the less coil winds that active PU's have. Pu's should just work

'Always having to buy batteries' every year or two is 'always'

Anyway, you dont really need to worry about batteries. If you really want to buy a rechargable and use that
Quote by Dark_Merlin

Anyway, you dont really need to worry about batteries. If you really want to buy a rechargable and use that

well i dident know that it wasent that often that you had to change batteries.
i based my opinion on a guitar that i have that has a built in amp and it uses a 9v that runs out in about a week.
so my bad.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Okay, thanks, i was just getting curious because when i got it and plugged it in to my amp, it didn't make a sound, regardless how loud my amp or the gain were and now it's starting to make some "buzz" noise when i'm not hitting the strings..

So basically i want it to when the battery is out, does the pickups still work or not and now i got the answer. So thanks again!
Quote by Dark_Merlin

Yeah, actually i'm going to buy rechargeable batterys next week.. It takes one 9v battery..

Btw here's the sexy beast..