Hi, i submitted a tab 2 weeks ago. It was based on a 4 star rated John Mayer - Belief tab, so i edited it, and corrected it, and it got rejected. Can someone tell me why that was?
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
well, its similar, but its an improvement. Like i said, i corrected it. Surely it would be better to have the improved version instead of the original which isn't as good!
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
i did it twice, and both were rejected!
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Quote by theneildeal
well, its similar, but its an improvement. Like i said, i corrected it. Surely it would be better to have the improved version instead of the original which isn't as good!

that's true, but there's are probably a zillion tabs being submitted all the time. Maybe the admins or whoever it is that approves tabs didn't notice the changes. Try submitting it again or something.
yeah, i will probably do it again, but i would like a mod to explain why it happened.
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
yeah, i felt that mine was note perfect as well!
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Don't just take tabs, correct them a bit and resubmit them haha. That's awful lazy.
Start over and do it yourself.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
but i would get the same result! I watched John Mayer perform the song, and made lots of corrections to the tab.

Like i said earlier, it makes no sense rejecting my tab, which is an improved version of the only other guitar pro tab for this song.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/john_mayer/belief_guitar_pro.htm#comments

That is the tab that i edited. Its got 4 stars, and in the comments, the guy says that the tab is wrong.
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
you make corrections in the comment section. Especially for a high rated tab, there cant be that much that you have changed. How many people had rated the tab 4 star?
only one person has rated it. I suggest that if you believe it is a poor tab, then give it a low rating. Then the improved tab you have made is more likely to get accepted
Say you treat tabs like a project and its unfinished (like this one, not perfect). How would you feel if someone stole your project without your permission and finished it then passed it off as their own? it's not right. Sorry.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
^^^Thats a fair point. Its like you are taking credit for a few minor changes (I dont believe you could have changed that much. Especially a guitar pro tab, you have probably left the drums and bass unchanged
Quote by Seth Shadows
Say you treat tabs like a project and its unfinished (like this one, not perfect). How would you feel if someone stole your project without your permission and finished it then passed it off as their own? it's not right. Sorry.

+1
But it's gonna be good for site archive and people who are trying to learn this song.A perfect one is better,isn't it?
TS,pm romanqwerty (who made the tab) and tell him/her about the corrections.he will update this tab.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
yeah i agree with emad.

contact the original creator and give him the changes.