What fingers are more proper to use for a simple power chord? Does it really matter or is there an actual way you are supposed to do it?
LARGE TEXT
i use my index finger and my pinky finger most of the time....i used to use my ring finger when i started learning...it's easier for me to use my pinky for sliding chords etc...but it's completely up to the player..there is no right or wrong way....however if u are doing the 'spider fingers' power chord thing that dave mustaine do u will need to use your ring finger....
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
------------------------
------------------------
------------------------
--------------P--------
--------------R--------
------I-----------------

I - index
R- Ring
P - Pinky

sorry ive never really tabbed anything before, but you get the idea.

thats how i do it atleast
u can use pointing, index and pink. you can use pointing with bared index finger 2 strings or what the guy metallica4evr mentioned above theres no real wrong way.
My Gear:
-Laguna LE322
-Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
-Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
-Yamaha Bass (Idk what model)

To Get:
-New Humbucker Pickups
exactly...no right or wrong way...just play how it's comfortable to u
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
Quote by sidvicious182
------------------------
------------------------
------------------------
--------------P--------
--------------R--------
------I-----------------

I - index
R- Ring
P - Pinky

sorry ive never really tabbed anything before, but you get the idea.

thats how i do it atleast

That's how I used to do it, but my pinky always misses the string. I'll just practice that way or my old way.
LARGE TEXT
for a three string power chord i use the above illustration...but i usually just use two strings....
IRP ^ as above.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
There is no wrong way. I see people using their index and pinky, I think it's really weird. :p Just do it the way you feel most comfortable.
I use my pinky and ring finger because it's essentially the same as an E shape barre chord.
2002 Muddy Waters Fender Telecaser (MIM) (w/ Bill Lawrence pickups & black matte pickguard)
2006 Ibanez sz520qm (w/ Grover tuners)
Epiphone DR-100

Traynor YCV50-Blue
Toneport GX / Ampltube 2
I use my index finger and my ring finger for two reasons:

1. It's just more comfortable for me.
2. I can then use my middle finger and my pinky to do a power chord one fret up, allowing for a quick transition between the two without having to slide my hand around
When I started out I used my index & pinky. But now I can stretch my fingers better and I feel more comfy using index & ring finger. If I want to, I can even use index & middle finger
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
i use index and pinky until i reache the 10th fret...then i switch to pinky and ring because the frets are too small after 10th fret