So I've been playing for atleast 5 years now and I still play with my good ol' Squier Strat. It's time for change. But, I've been thinking about this for months and I can't decide what to get. I play a lot of Radiohead, Muse, Against Me!, Beck (alternative, punk, rock) stuff, so that'll help.
My choices so far:
Gretsch Electromatic
Fender Telecaster or Telecaster Custom
Some sort of Ibanez

Suggestions welcome.
Last edited by djszkoda at Dec 8, 2007,
Get a black telecaster without a pickguard, they look ****ing nice.
or get the Ibanez XPT700, that looks ****ing ment
Esp Eclipse II VTB :i i fucking love her.
Gold and black on 1 guitar = succes
fender telecaster sounds like a good choice
do you like the feeling,sound of a strat? and whats your price range
Send me off to bed forevermore.
I don't know, $500-600?
I like the feel of Strats, but I love rock sounds too from humbuckers too.
I love the body on that... but if those are EMG's I'll pass, I've never liked those.
. 2 tapped Duncan Designed Superock humbuckers let you play thick and meaty, or give you jangly single-coil sounds. One of the more versatile guitars around.

lol no emgs which is why i said it isnt one of those crazy metalhead ibanez
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Hmm, well than it does sound kind of interesting. Hope they have something similar at Long Mcquade.
A HSS Strat might be a good bet giving you the best mix possible between humbucker crunch and 'that' Strat sound.
"It's not a beard, it's an animal I've trained to sit very still" - Bill Bailey
I was thinking of getting a Telecaster Custom, then replacing the pickups to Duncan JB/59 combo. Good or bad idea?
How about this Tele ?
It has 2 humbuckers and coil-tapping as well. I think it goes for about 630 USD

EDIT: It says the pickups are Fender-designed but their really Seymour Duncans (a Pearly Gates at the bridge and a '59 at the neck)
Up the Irons
I'd totally buy that - but I prefer to buy in stores, so I just hope they'll have it at some local places.