And I know I said there would be pics so here it goes.

It feels like Christmas morning there's this huge box in my room what could it be???

I find a well packaged black object inside...

And when it's opened I find a...

Peavey Classic 50 2x12
amp.

I had to spend some time deciding on whether to keep it, but now i'm fairly set this is the right amp.
Has four EL84's and three 12AX7s.

I've gotten some very nice cleans and a great classic rock overdrive. Cranked it once and the amp got great Zeppelin crunch and the lead channel is very usable. nice smooth sustaining lead tone at a lower volume. It's loud though haha, had to leave the room when I turned it up.

Managed to throw some clips up (please excuse my playing ) with a computer mic on my profile, if anyone felt like hearing what the amp could do.

I spent months trying to decide on and find the right amp, Ceriatones, Vox, Fender and just about everything else. I know this wouldn't have been possible without all the help from you guys in GG&A.

Special thanks to Slats, Igotabcrich, Gabel umm....ECisthebest and many others who I may have forgoten to mention cause of the excitement. If it weren't for all you guys, I might've been playing an MG100DFX or somethin' right now lol.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Dec 8, 2007,
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Special thanks to Slats, Igotabcrich, Gabel umm....ECisthebest and many others who I may have forgoten to mention cause of the excitement. If it weren't for all you guys, I might've been playing an MG100DFX or somethin' right now lol.

*ahem*

Congrats, looks beautiful.
Ben
Congrats!

I have been thinking about getting the classic 30 I just haven't had a chance to try it out yet. But yeah congrats and have fun with that amp!
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
i love the lighting on that last pic. it makes it look really awesome.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Quote by muffinman123192
*ahem*

Congrats, looks beautiful.

miffinman of course you too!!!

Your one of the many secret users who I forgot cause of the excitement.
Well for everyone in this thread to see muffinman was also very helpful in helping me decide on a amp.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

congrats dude! real nice.

i was even considering swapping my DRRI for a C50 4x10 and get some spare cash on my end, but i dont know.

glad you finally got your amp, saving for amp lasted forever.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Looks sweet. Congrats on that amp.

IMO you should have gotten an MG100HDFX Half Stack
Just kidding btw.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
miffinman of course you too!!!

Your one of the many secret users who I forgot cause of the excitement.
Well for everyone in this thread to see muffinman was also very helpful in helping me decide on a amp.

That's what I thought.

Whoever said it already, +1 to you, that last pic looks orgasmic.
Ben
congrats man.

That thing looks orgazzzzzmic in the last picture.
reach in the darkness for what you can find travel great distance in your mind.
you cranked it? damn you must be tough. i cranked my 40 watt 1x12 blues deluxe and it plenty loud for my ears of course it does go to 12

you really did your research. i remember trying to tell you to get a fender blues deluxe. glad your happy
that last pic is just godly
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
^nice guitar! i love those things. your amp looks tiny in comparison!
EDIT: to the guy with the gibson sg standard
My tweed 410 is sexier (before they put the round logo on it, when it looked like the fenders). I'll post pics if I can find my camera.
Isn't the classic a GREAT amp?
Try running a strat and a tubescreamer through it. mmmmm....

Have a pic. Sorry about the bad quality, I had to use my sister's sucky walmart piece of crap. My family's main camera is being refurbished. Here's just a frontal view of the amp, the camera ran out of batteries before I could take more.

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Dec 9, 2007,
^ Those pics of classic looks great, I am a tweed kinds of guy, but with the new rounded front (and GC was out of tweeds ), I thought the black and silver suited the amp nicely.

BTW I did play here through my Squier strat and single coils sound amazing on this. I like how sensitive it is to your guitars and pickups and playing.
I plan on getting a good OD/Fuzz pedal now.

Quote by s.r.v.
you cranked it? damn you must be tough. i cranked my 40 watt 1x12 blues deluxe and it plenty loud for my ears of course it does go to 12

you really did your research. i remember trying to tell you to get a fender blues deluxe. glad your happy

Haha well I had to extend the cables to about 30 feet, get out of the room and shut the door to play lol.
The room was shaking and I was afraid something would break.

Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Haha there she is!! Awesome dude... listening to the clips right now

Congrats again

Glad to see you liked it, I know I promised pics and clips and with all the help you guys have given me, I knew pics were in order.

Thanks for all the comments so far, and those other Classics look awesome. At the price they are selling for, it's a great amp.

very nice! i've yet to play one... can i borrow yours?

Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008

completely unneccessary and off-track... but...

okay
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords

completely unneccessary and off-track... but...

okay

wow, you did own him lol. but still in his pic, the glare off the top of the amp is pretty kick ass.
mm, yeah, it does seem that his amp contains the power of the sun. i can't compete with that
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

^Lol it's like a bottle of Sunny D.

Your Mark IV is beautiful though Unsigned, I just felt saving a couple hundred was important.

Last edited by zeppelinpage4 at Dec 9, 2007,
sunny d! alright!

yeah, money was a nice thing to have... haha.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

dayum. everybody's getting new ampz. i gotza get on teh bandwagon!!!

i want a new amp... i don't like my DSL401... it's just the logo...
but my blues jr. still kicks ass.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
That is a nice amp, sounds pretty good as well. I also like your babe i'm gonna leave you cover, very nice.
Quote by s.r.v.

yeah it's damn loud
yesterday, i felt like putting it flat out for the first time so i get my earplugs and put some extra wadding in my ears aswell, i turn it up to twelve, i play a chord...
BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZ ! my whole room started shaking like nuts, god i was starled for a second, i totally didn't expect that the OD was awesome

TS, that last pic is shmecksy ! congrats on the amp.
yea. these amps with EL84s shine SO much when the powertubes are pushed. so much gain from them. people don't believe it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^ Yup

I didn't have ear plugs with mine, so leaving the room was my only option. Even then I could feel vibrations in the hall outside.

EC your Blues Jr. has EL84's right? Cause that sounded great on your recordings.