Page 1 of 2
it helped me maintain my finger speed and dexterity when i broke my left arm twice and couldnt play real guitar, it was the best thing to ever happen to me then. so its great in certain ways.
It doesn't matter; if you enjoy it, play it. If you don't, don't play it. It's not going to affect your playing in any way.
Just don't go thinking you kick ass at guitar just because you're good at guitar hero... that's annoying.

Edit: I personally find it a LOT of fun, especially multiplayer with good friends... rarely gets old.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Last edited by Maus24 at Dec 8, 2007,
Quote by Maus24
It doesn't matter; if you enjoy it, play it. If you don't, don't play it. It's not going to affect your playing in any way.
Just don't go thinking you kick ass at guitar just because you're good at guitar hero... that's annoying.

+1
Quote by Maus24

Totally agree.... I suck bad at guitar hero, but i don't care because i can play real guitar.
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
it sucks when you're playing on a lower difficulty and in the game you don't play every note, but you want to in real life, so you mess up. That's the only bad part about playing teh real guitar and going to play guitar hero.
youre going to get alot of "get a real guitar"
just a warning. but i havent played it yet, id like to though, it looks awesome.
Quote by rand0mher0742
but yeah, i guess if you're kick ass at both (as i am) its ok....

ahhhhh... new members.... brings back memories of spite and ignorance.
absolutely no effect on my guitar playing ability
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Guitar hero is an awsome game. I can't play it cause' i dont have a Wii or an Xbox 360. but I have a real guitar and i can play that.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Im awesome at both, so yes.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Sadly enough, the more that I played GH the faster my picking got. My left hand always feels loose now, too. I love the game, personally.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by MiasmA
ahhhhh... new members.... brings back memories of spite and ignorance.

your request is accepted.... YOU ARE A poop log.....

jk
wow.. two new members claiming to be awesome at both.
Quote by Maus24

low and behold, he was right
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
Quote by the_stickman
it sucks when you're playing on a lower difficulty and in the game you don't play every note, but you want to in real life, so you mess up. That's the only bad part about playing teh real guitar and going to play guitar hero.

EXACTLY! I hate that so much!
Guitar Hero really helped my pinky strength.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by tallaxegrinder
wow.. two new members claiming to be awesome at both.

low and behold, he was right

i guess its ok, the newbies dont realize the talented guitarists we have on UG, when they do, theyll be much more modest...
i always had trouble with my pinky finger just being able to fret with it and such. it seems to have helped. also it just built hand dexterity and strength. plus i think its great fun!
Quote by MiasmA
i guess its ok, the newbies dont realize the talented guitarists we have on UG, when they do, theyll be much more modest...

No doubt, I've always been quite modest myself, and although I'd love to be able to do more complex solos and whatnot, I'm finally accepting my fate as maybe a rhythm guitarist haha. Either that or I'll have to practice more than I'm currently able to.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

+1 Maus24

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by rand0mher0742
but im not THINKING i am stating a FACT.

HEY! NEWBIE! we dont take kindly to your types around here.
no no no... just because im new to UG doesnt mean im new to guitar... ponder that for a while...
Quote by rand0mher0742
no no no... just because im new to UG doesnt mean im new to guitar... ponder that for a while...

You might be better than a lot of people here at UG, but I can pretty much guarentee there are many people better than you (pretty damn sure I'm not)... so just don't let your head get too big.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

+1 Maus24

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by rand0mher0742

modesty is just polite, however. you can be good, great, decent, or bad. I think im great, but accept that others are better than me. you on the other hand, put yourself up on a pedestal, making you seem foolish, and, regardless of your talents, seem like a total douchebag.
..... i think im done here.... no sense arguing with one so blind to the true meaning of music.
It helped me with the usage of my pinky finger, lol...

36% on Through the Fire and Flames on EXPERT!!!! SWOOOOOT
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
Quote by rand0mher0742
actually i did play a gig on a pedestal once... it went great...

Oh Great! He's funny too!
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

+1 Maus24

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by rand0mher0742
haha no but seriously i did...

got a band myspace?
I play bass so when I used to randomly play my dad's guitar I always used my fingers, but after i got good at guitar hero i was so used to doing that picking motion that i can now play guitar with a pick.

It's not gonna make you amazing or anything but Guitar hero does help with rhythm and timing etc.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
rock band is better IMO, especially the drums. badass.
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Page 1 of 2