Im looking for a good tube metal sounding amp. Like metallica and slayer and stuff like that. Under 500$ with tubes in it. If the distortion isnt good enough i will end up buying a boss metal-core stompbox and playing through the clean channel, but anyone know of a good one around that price?
Ive got the same problem brotha, I was looking at the Ashdown fallen angel, peavey valveking, If you can get a marshall JCM 900 used, that would be perfect.
Quote by korn klown 14
Ive got the same problem brotha, I was looking at the Ashdown fallen angel, peavey valveking, If you can get a marshall JCM 900 used, that would be perfect.

ya i like the peavey valvking 112, i was listing to some sound clips on the net and it has a really awesoume clean channel
Peavey 5150/XXX used or Ashdown Fallen Angel.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by a7x4lfe15
Im looking for a good tube metal sounding amp. Like metallica and slayer and stuff like that. Under 500$ with tubes in it. If the distortion isnt good enough i will end up buying a boss metal-core stompbox and playing through the clean channel, but anyone know of a good one around that price?

please dont.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live
Quote by thefrigginbob
Whats the point of getting a tube amp if you are going to use the metal core?

Sounds like a waste to me.

What's the point of being a douche on the internet?

Sounds like a waste to me.

EDIT: whoa, at first I thought you were bashing the genre when you were actually bashing the pedal...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Dec 9, 2007,
any idea where you can get the fallen angel mentioned before new in the UK? from what I know they've stopped making them havent they?
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
oh i like the fallen angel...thats nice....i really would like to hear the distortion on it...anyone know how it sounds?
I played a Valveking 212 and the distortion just sounded way too muddy and the notes werent clear. Though I didn't play it with an OD pedal.

But I still say Laney GH50L. The tone is so natural and you can hear every note being picked perfectly. And it has balls.
Quote by tombo32
I played a Valveking 212 and the distortion just sounded way too muddy and the notes werent clear. Though I didn't play it with an OD pedal.

But I still say Laney GH50L. The tone is so natural and you can hear every note being picked perfectly. And it has balls.

I bet the laney is great, but it is out of the TS's pricerange, even used.
Not really, once somebody on UG scored that model, PLUS a matching cab for $500...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
well im looking at these 2 amps....debating which one to get, i cant get it right now anyway i have to wait till i get my taxes back to buy one

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-40-DSP-Guitar-Combo?sku=485043

by the time i get my money the ashdown will prob be off sale...but maybe not on ebay? which one do you guys like better?
ever looked into a B-52 at series? they have great clean channel 2 distotions and a solid stae rectifier and are pretty good for the price. i played one against a valve king in guitar center it was a lot more versatile. plus i would use the "rat" distortion with any tube amp given it works so well together. but only if you need that much more edge but the b-52's give plenty of bite. check them out sometime.