Page 1 of 4
This game is so amazing!
Do you think its the best in the series, why or why not?
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato
the 2 disc original i think it was for ps1 was my fav, it was shock value to me, first time a game ever captured me if you get what im saying
i think its just as amazing as the others, they all fit so well i cant pick favorites.
I have 1-3. But I had the most fun with 3, going around and slitting guards throats. Good times, good time.
the MGS series are one of my favorite game series ever. Number 3 is awesome, im just to lazy to ever play it again so i can try to beat the old man sniper boss lol
Fighting The End is the most insane thing ever. I could fight him for the rest of my life just to get his damn gun and camo. I also make it a point to capture and eat his damn parrot.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by Maggot3000
the MGS series are one of my favorite game series ever. Number 3 is awesome, im just to lazy to ever play it again so i can try to beat the old man sniper boss lol

That took me ages, its such a large area
You can bypass that, you know.

I can't remember how exactly, but I think if you save the game, then go and put your PS2's time ahead by 6 hours, he'll be dead or not there or something lol. I only beat him once, and it sucked.

But, I love the Metal Gear series. I can't wait for the fourth to come out. However, I have a 360 :'[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[.

It's funny how number three was supposed to be the last one.

Good thing it's not.
When the music's over, turn out the lights.

Quote by pencap
i fingerd my girl the other day she got so wet nearly my entier hand was soked after that i ate her up, she blacked out it was awesome
Quote by Maggot3000

The same thing happened to my brother. He got to The End, then just kind of stopped playing. Turned the PS2 on a few weeks later, and The End had "died from old age", so he didn't even have to fight him.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
you could also kill him after the river battle with the sorrow when he's wheeled out by the boss. Shoot him with a sniper rifle and he'll explode.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
I might do that next time, since i'll already have his camo in the second playthrough
Quote by jpgilbert701
you could also kill him after the river battle with the sorrow when he's wheeled out by the boss. Shoot him with a sniper rifle and he'll explode.

this is the only way i ever killed him, is actually fighting him VERY difficult?
MGS3

Other than that, the game is cool.

EDIT: MiasmA: You'll most likely never find him when it's time to fight in the jungle. You have to wait until it rains, use your mic to find him, the kill him. When it's raining he'll most likely be sleeping.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
how fast have you finished it? to get the best ranking its insane, like under 5 hours with no alerts or kills or anything really
Quote by MiasmA
this is the only way i ever killed him, is actually fighting him VERY difficult?

Its kinda like hunting. Except for your being hunted as well. Just gotta have patience and keen eye and idea of where hes gonna be at.
Quote by splat102
MGS3

What?
Quote by Agent_00Funk
Its kinda like hunting. Except for your being hunted as well. Just gotta have patience and keen eye and idea of where hes gonna be at.

hmmmmm.. i DO have 34 bucks store credit, i may grab the whole trilogy again and play through all the beautiful memories again and beat him correctly.
Quote by MiasmA
hmmmmm.. i DO have 34 bucks store credit, i may grab the whole trilogy again and play through all the beautiful memories again and beat him correctly.

When you fight him, whatever you do dont sit in one position the whole time of the battle. He will sneak up on you and knock you out with a tranqualizer sniper rifle. Youll wake up in a prison cell.
Man, im just finishing up this game after spending the last couple weeks on it. It's not without its faults, but overall i'd give it a solid 8.5/10. It's almost always intensely tense and i love how the game lets you mix up stealthy kills and running and gunning. It took me a while to figure out how to beat Volgin at first, though. *Helpful Hint* use the shotgun.

On my To Play list:

Shadow of the Colossus
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Burnout Revenge

after that, i'll probably get a 360 and Wii, then maybe eventually a PS3. I can't ****ing wait for MGS4!
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by Ace88 at Dec 8, 2007,
Quote by splat102
MGS3

EDIT: MiasmA: You'll most likely never find him when it's time to fight in the jungle. You have to wait until it rains, use your mic to find him, the kill him. When it's raining he'll most likely be sleeping.

I got him within 20 minutes, getting his camo and Mosin Nagant. It isn't too hard if you're lucky with his hiding places.
It only took you 20 minutes? I took 40 because it didn't occur to me to just go up to him knock him out or anything. I actually did the whole sniper battle, and god damn did it feel good. Spotting a glimpse of his bald head then getting a shot off felt sooooo satisfying.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

I played 1.
Waited a few years for 2.
Took me a few days to beat, and by the end, my WTF?!?!?! levels were beyond scaling.
I seriously had no idea what the hell was even happening, between the 12 hour cutscenes and the phsych out at the end....

Good game in the end though.

3 was pretty good.

Im hoping 4 will be a good end to the whole thing, I dont think they can drag on for much more.
On The End:

Just run around, and find the Ol' Bastard.
He's on the map, or his hiding places are, just check each one. When you know where he is, sneak up the hill (sometimes to have to change areas to come from a different angle), and get him from DIRECTLY behind (you can get up to touching him easily).

Then, if you wanna kill him, just do that and shotgun him closely, or grenade him a few times. If you want the camo, use the tranq.

Easiest boss, IMO. Just rinse & repeat.

But then, I f*cking RULE at stealth games, I'll pwn anyone sideways.

Cheers -
Daisy

EDIT:
Once you hit him, he throws a flash grenade and runs. Follow him IMMEDIATELY, and you can keep hitting him.
The secret is, one he runs, he'll leave foot prints in the mud, and he'll pant, and stop for breath.
I can't believe no-ones mentioned this.

You only need to find him once, he gives it away after that with the footprints, panting, and standing in the open catching breath.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Last edited by Daisy_Ramirez_ at Dec 8, 2007,
Quote by Daisy_Ramirez_
On The End:

Just run around, and find the Ol' Bastard.
He's on the map, or his hiding places are, just check each one. When you know where he is, sneak up the hill (sometimes to have to change areas to come from a different angle), and get him from DIRECTLY behind (you can get up to touching him easily).

Then, if you wanna kill him, just do that and shotgun him closely, or grenade him a few times. If you want the camo, use the tranq.

Easiest boss, IMO. Just rinse & repeat.

But then, I f*cking RULE at stealth games, I'll pwn anyone sideways.

Cheers -
Daisy

ORLY?

I'm still to get the highest ranking on MGS3, but I got Foxhound on MGS and MGS2. In fact, I attained it in MGS2 within a week of the game's release. I wonder if that's linked to failing a load of exams that year...
The absolute sh*tter of a boss on extreme is either the Fear or the Boss. Well, on duel mode at least. Fighting the Fear without thermogoggles is a bitch.

Haha The Fear was pretty easy. I just stood on a branch and sniped him. The only thing is, i didn't bother to remove two of his arrows from Snake's body, and they ended up just sticking out of his arm and stomach the entire game. The cut scenes were pretty funny since nobody noticed two huge arrows sticking out pf Snake

I found The Fury to be annoying. Stupid flamethrower.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Ace88
Haha The Fear was pretty easy. I just stood on a branch and sniped him. The only thing is, i didn't bother to remove two of his arrows from Snake's body, and they ended up just sticking out of his arm and stomach the entire game. The cut scenes were pretty funny since nobody noticed two huge arrows sticking out pf Snake :laugh:

Yeah, in the actual main game he isn't too bad. It's on duel mode he's an utter wankshaft, with your limited ammo. If I remember right, you have to hit him with every bullet you have.
i loved the cinematic quality of 3.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Night_Lights
i loved the cinematic quality of 3.

Yea, its almost like watching a movie. I loved everything about MGS3
More on The End I forgot to add:

What you do, is check the map 'til you find where he is, and creep up behind him (sometimes leaving the area and coming back a different way, for a better angle works).

Then, if you wanna kill him, just grenade or shotgun him.
Otherwise, tranq him.

The best part is, he flash grenades you, and runs after you sneak up and get him.

Just follow him; he leaves footprints, follow them, and he stops for breath sometimes. Hit him then. He'll run again, and get to a hiding point. Follow the footsteps, and you'll hear him panting when you find him.
Rinse & repeat.
Also, when you find him, the spot which he's hiding turns red on the map, I think.

EASIEST boss, IMO.

Cheers -
Daisy
Gore AND Core; unite!
MGS is my favourite series ever.

You can kill The End when he's in the wheel chair. You can kill him by setting the date on your PS2 too about another year should do it. And it'll say he's died of old age. Lolz.

The Boss is easy. Run after her with the Handkerchief.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
2 > 1 > 3

I agree. The weapons and camo make it more fun though.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

2 was sh*t. Raiden was complete bollocks.

True...

Though I wouldn't call it sh*t, Raiden is just a douchebag.

3 was the best one, in my opinion.
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
Page 1 of 4