I was listening to the radio. Here's what a man said:

"I believe that dinosaurs weren't completely wiped out millions of years, but a small amount still remained, and they were killed of in sport during the middle ages, which is why you hear about knights killing dragons. Legends are often based from facts."

Now, I don't really believe this, but I was wondering what you guys think. Post your thoughts.
I think you should find a new radio station to listen to.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

were u listening to coast to coast am, and dinosaurs pwn
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
Quote by jonnyrotten45
were u listening to coast to coast am, and dinosaurs pwn
I don't know. My father was listening to it, and I overheard. He doesn't really believe it either, but it still is interesting to hear people's thoughts like this.
if it was late at night then it prolly was, thats the kind of weird **** they talk about, i listen to it when i get a chance
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
Dragons are in other mythology too. So unless only one type (or similar types) of dinosaur survived, and shot fire from its face, I think it's kind of unlikely.
"I play guitar" - Me
Dinosaurs are a myth. People in the middle-ages killed Dragons for sport.

Well it all depends on what you consider a "Dinosaur." If they had all been wiped out, I think we'd all have fins right now.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Yes, 99.99% of all dinosaurs were wiped out 65,000,000 years ago, but a small amount survived the next 64,999,200 years without natural selection having any effect, without slowly dwindling into extinction nor repopulating like such a dominant creature would.

Yep, that happened
I remember hearing something about today's birds being dinosaurs...or something like that.
Well it's either that, or God put them here. Know what I mean?
Lots of prehistoric animals were bird-like. Some even had feathers. Similarly, the ancestors of alligators were ****ing huuuuuge.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by hug a llama
I remember hearing something about today's birds being dinosaurs...or something like that.

Many of today's birds are descendants of dinosaurs, similar bone structure and such.
listening to coast to coast a.m.?

I have a friend who tried to tell me she believed dinosaur bones were put here by god to trick humans into thinking the earth is older than it is. just to test us.
yes I laughed in her face
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Well, obviously, some dinosaurs did survive, because there are shark and alligator/crocodile species that date back millenia.

But I don't think the whole "Dragons were killed for sport" thing is true.

I think dragons existed at one point or another, for the simple fact that some sort of dragon can be found in nearly every single culture just about anywhere in the world, but I don't think they were around that recently.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I don't totally believe it, but I think maybe a flying dinosaur slightly similar to the panitings and descriptions of dragons existed and were hunted. Yet, along the way, stories of those creatures were exagerated a lot and that's where you hear about fire and enormous size. Just a little theory of mine.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Apparently, birds evolved from dinosaurs. I heard this on ABC National, and it does make a lot of sense if you think about it. Just watch birds, and you'll see. However, I'm still not 100% sure yet.
anyone hear about that fossil they just found like in the arctic that's of a huge ****ing reptile that has fins or something, that was pretty much just like a giant crocodile-fish? crazy.
The theory which interests me is that dragons were mentally manifested forms representing a conflation of inherent human fears of snakes etc. resulting in the exaggeration of size, fire etc. originating from fear.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Definition of Dinosaurs;
A particular family of reptiles that were warm blooded (as opposed to every other type of known reptile that is cold blooded)
The fossil records show that all the large dinosaurs disappeared around 65 million years ago, which coincides with the KT event (asteroid collision with the earth) but that some of the smaller ones with feathers survived and eventualy evolved and became birds.

It is thought that dragon myths started with the discovery of dinosaur and other large reptile fossils and that they are an amalgam of many different types of extinct reptile.
Dragons are basicaly split into two types;
The Eastern Dragon, which is serpent like and is said to fly, although it has no wings. It's interesting to note that where this legend originates, in South-East Asia, they have flying snakes. Snakes that leap from tree to tree and flatten out their bodies in order to 'glide' further.
The Western Dragon, a classic example of which can be found on the Welsh flag, looks like a herbivorous dinosaur with a carnivorous dinosaur's head and a pteradactyl's (not actualy classed as dinosaurs but flying reptiles) wings attached to it's back. This would make it the only reptile that's ever existed with six limbs. (2 front legs, 2 back legs, 2 wings)
The fire breathing part is thought to originate from the way that reptiles sniff the air by quickly flicking it's forked tongue in and out of it's mouth. Some reptile tongues are quite brightly coloured and can resemble flames.
Cirtain reptiles, such as the Komodo Dragon (not actualy a real dragon but the largest member of the monitor lizard family that lives on the island of Komodo) have such noxious breath, one can imagine it being flammable
Um, dinosaurs exist TODAY. Ever heard of a little thing called Jurassic Park? Golly.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by The Madcap
I was listening to the radio. Here's what a man said:

"I believe that dinosaurs weren't completely wiped out millions of years, but a small amount still remained, and they were killed of in sport during the middle ages, which is why you hear about knights killing dragons. Legends are often based from facts."

Now, I don't really believe this, but I was wondering what you guys think. Post your thoughts.

Yep. People who lived 600 years ago and thought the Earth rested on the back of a giant elephant (or something) have more credibility than biologists and researchers today.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
He might uctually have a point there ..

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Soulinfector
Dragons are in other mythology too. So unless only one type (or similar types) of dinosaur survived, and shot fire from its face, I think it's kind of unlikely.

um...man if i seen a dino in real life (ya know reptilian like a dragon) specially back in them days id be like that mu****a shot lasers out its eyes but i totally stabbed the **** outta him

this theory sounds feasible
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
Quote by Mad Marius
Yep. People who lived 600 years ago and thought the Earth rested on the back of a giant elephant (or something) have more credibility than biologists and researchers today.

Wasn't the elephants supposed to stand on the top of a turtle or something?

Up until around 40,000 years ago, there was a giant monitor lizard called Megalania that lived in Australia. This thing was huge (around 7 meteres long and weighing around 4000 lb) and if you saw one today, you'd swear you saw a dinosaur.
The point is, this creature existed alongside man.
Now, if this creature could have existed alongside man in Australia, who's to say there wasn't something similar in other parts of the world, and maybe stories of them were passed down the generations, changing slightly over the millenia, until in the present day, these stories have become dragon legends?