I couldn't stop myself. Today, I had a GAS attack and now there is a brand new MIJ Fender Jaguar Special sitting on my wall.

I used Hercules Guitar mounts. I HIGHLY recommend these.

Now my Breedlove and Dot have some company
Waht does GAS stand for?

and i saw one of those at a local shop and they are so sexy, especially with the black and chrome hardware
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR
Waht does GAS stand for?

and i saw one of those at a local shop and they are so sexy, especially with the black and chrome hardware

Guitar Acquisition Syndrome
ohhh

i should tell my parents i have that.
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Freaky, our gear is pretty similair. I'm selling my dot and AD50VT soon, so it'll all get better.
My attempt at gear-
Fender Jaguar (limited edition Cream with gold hardware.)
Goya Rangemaster (1967 Italian Archtop)
Martin SWDGT Acoustic.
Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Wasabi Delay, MXR BLUE BOX.
Quote by Billie.
Freaky, our gear is pretty similair. I'm selling my dot and AD50VT soon, so it'll all get better.

What are you replacing them with?
God, every time I walk by one of those black and chrome Jaguars I want to pick it up and play it so bad, but I'm left-handed, so I wouldn't be able to do anything but sit and look stupid with it.
Gear
Left-Handed Schecter C-1 Stealth
Left-Handed Fender Standard Strat

EHX Little Big Muff
Boss DS-2
EHX PolyChorus

Orange Rocker 30 Head

Next Purchases:
Quote by Mattb720
God, every time I walk by one of those black and chrome Jaguars I want to pick it up and play it so bad, but I'm left-handed, so I wouldn't be able to do anything but sit and look stupid with it.

You need to look into buying directly from Japan. I've seen a few Japanese guitar stores selling them on Ebay. Note that I haven't seen this particular Jag Special, but they are out there...
The dot, strat, and amp are going into a fund to buy a Vox Classic Plus 50watt tube combo. The valvetronix just sounds synthetic after I tried one, and i really just use the AC30 setting anyways. My single coil Jag is the only guitar I use, or like to use anymore. (The Martin stays, she's my baby)
My attempt at gear-
Fender Jaguar (limited edition Cream with gold hardware.)
Goya Rangemaster (1967 Italian Archtop)
Martin SWDGT Acoustic.
Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Wasabi Delay, MXR BLUE BOX.
Quote by Billie.
The dot, strat, and amp are going into a fund to buy a Vox Classic Plus 50watt tube combo. The valvetronix just sounds synthetic after I tried one, and i really just use the AC30 setting anyways. My single coil Jag is the only guitar I use, or like to use anymore. (The Martin stays, she's my baby)

Very very niccce
As far as I am concerned that is the only Fender guitar worth owning! Great choice I really like the one you chose. I have played several Jags and they really sound nice and they look pretty dam good. I am waiting to find one used in good shape for a price I like. I tried several of the Squier version and it isn't close to the real Fender Jag. I liked the price of the Squier too bad it doesn't come close to the sound or feel.

John
Lucky you! This will probably be my port of call next time I'm after something with humbuckers in. Hope it plays well and everything.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Good for you, I never liked the single pickups of Jaguars, or gold hardware, or the wide and flat neck, but the body shape I love to bits.

EDIT: It has humbuckers? boneriffick.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good for you, I never liked the single pickups of Jaguars, or gold hardware, or the wide and flat neck, but the body shape I love to bits.

EDIT: It has humbuckers? boneriffick.

SS jags dont have wide/flat necks. D= And ive seen very very very few with gold hardware.
not quite the same but i have a Jazzmaster with gold hardware.

its beautiful
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by joeymaxx
Beautiful guitars I must say, you've got a great mix there
How does it sound?

Pretty darn good for something that came right off the store wall. The intonation on the high E string is a bit off but the rest are surprisingly dead on. I think some people might say the action is just a tad high but after playing an acoustic for a few months, I feel its perfect. Not a damn bit of fret buzz either, no matter how hard I was bangin' on it.

I've got some home improvement work to do today but I think I'll try to adjust the intonation on that last string tonight.

Another thing. After playing the Dot so much, the Jag feels light as a friggin' feather.
http://www.prevalpromotions.altpro.net/prevalpromotions/photos/PICT0536.JPG ?

MIJ?

Well they are special editions. That hardware and inlay looks incredible though. Not too keen on the finish. If it was VWH itd be my perfect JM.

^
Yeah the entire Jag buzz problem is caused by the screws on the bridge. I suppose theres an advantage with it having the TOM, also you dont have the crappy bridge saddles designed by a monkey on LSD, but it doesnt have teh jag flavorss.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
You have a pretty boring room
Nice guitars, though.

Yea, I just moved my home office into this room a few days ago. I've gotta paint and put in new flooring. I ripped out the carpets just last week. I'm going to put in some wenge laminate floors and throw a few area rugs in for sound deadening. Right now its an echo chamber.
Quote by beckyjc
http://www.prevalpromotions.altpro.net/prevalpromotions/photos/PICT0536.JPG ?

MIJ?

Well they are special editions. That hardware and inlay looks incredible though. Not too keen on the finish. If it was VWH itd be my perfect JM.

^
Yeah the entire Jag buzz problem is caused by the screws on the bridge. I suppose theres an advantage with it having the TOM, also you dont have the crappy bridge saddles designed by a monkey on LSD, but it doesnt have teh jag flavorss.

MIJ = Made in Japan

BTW, nice lookin' Fenders
Quote by beckyjc
Yeah I know what MIJ is. Just asking buzz if it was MIJ.

Ahhhhhhhh [/blond_moment]