so i'm a bassist but i've been playing guitar on and off for a while and it just hit me today i do not have a guitar amp (i play through my g-k) so i kind of want a guitar amp that can keep up with a band becasue i jam and gig a bit and i'm an ok guitar player so any suggestions on whihc amp i should get or brand i should think of

i play
Blues Rock (Cream)
Rock (rush, Qotsa)
funk (james brown)

therefore i'm looking for something with overdrive but a good clean channel

thanks
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
how clean do u need it to be? my suggestions are Crate V16, Fender Blues Jr., and maybe a Peavey Windsor Studio when it comes out. I'm totally not sure how loud u need it to be, but these amps will let you jam and gig a 'bit'. those are all under $500. the Fender Blues Jr. might not have enough gain for Rush or QOTSA, but it has superb cleans. Peavey might not be clean enough, but it 'should' have nice overdrive like it's big brother. Crate i think covers both the cleans and the distortion needs. go play it at your nearest guitar shop.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
well allow me to specify, my budget is $1200. i've been playing bass for a while and know the value of investing in good gear, i need the cleans to be clean enough for rush.
I shot JR

If you have a good bass amp, why not just use that? A lot of guitarists do so, in fact I'm pretty sure Joshua Homme of Queens Of The Stone Age does it, so it probably would work well if that's one of the tones you're going for.
Epiphone Riviera Jorma Kaukonen Deluxe
Orange Tiny Terror with a Mesa 2x12 Lone Star
Boss PH-3
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
Quote by Calgone
If you have a good bass amp, why not just use that? A lot of guitarists do so, in fact I'm pretty sure Joshua Homme of Queens Of The Stone Age does it, so it probably would work well if that's one of the tones you're going for.

i currently do do that but the problem is it just doesn't "work" for me as in it's far too bassy and i don't want to change the eq because i have it perfectly set up for my warwick. though when i play queens on my bass amp with a guitar it's rocking, rush not so much
I shot JR

Quote by Drmckool
i currently do do that but the problem is it just doesn't "work" for me as in it's far too bassy and i don't want to change the eq because i have it perfectly set up for my warwick. though when i play queens on my bass amp with a guitar it's rocking, rush not so much

so ur gonna spend 1200 dollars on a new amp just because ur too lazy to EQ ur bass amp? maybe u should just buy a really nice EQ or something, theres no need to get a new amp if ur amp is good enough
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Crate Palomino V16 would be your choice, but don't be afraid to check out the Peavey Windsor Studio when they release it in january.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard