The search functions not working at the moment, so i have to make a new thread.
does anyone have the schematics/experience of building a footswitch, and could share?
thanks
Sigs are too hard to think up
Quote by the_crimison
The search functions not working at the moment, so i have to make a new thread.
does anyone have the schematics/experience of building a footswitch, and could share?
thanks

i made a footswith once with 3 switches. they are easy. for 1 channel. you just use a regular type instrument cable. you get the enclosure, a switch, a jack, and an led of your color choosing. you solder the wires from the jack to each side of the switch. then you solder the leads to the led to the wires between the jack and the switch. and your done. the led will be on when the switch is on, and off when the switch is off.
^ you need some type of power supply to run that LED
Quote by -Atticus-

oh and btw how do u put a quote in ur sig??
i'm going to have to build myself a foot switch soon as well. I currently have one for my B-52 amp that has two switches, leds, and a stereo plug. I'm going to try to open it up and take some pictures. I just need to find some WD-40 cause some of the screws are being stubborn...
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
I made one the other day that is a channel switch and a killswitch. Now when I change guitars, I just press the killswitch and no more fricken popping. It's extremely noisy though. Anyone know how to fix that?
Quote by sizzlefizzle
i made a footswith once with 3 switches. they are easy. for 1 channel. you just use a regular type instrument cable. you get the enclosure, a switch, a jack, and an led of your color choosing. you solder the wires from the jack to each side of the switch. then you solder the leads to the led to the wires between the jack and the switch. and your done. the led will be on when the switch is on, and off when the switch is off.

sorry.. haha could you make it sound a bit easier? i only did a semester of dt so far. lets say i wanted to make a footswitch like the boss fs-6
Sigs are too hard to think up
Quote by matticus66
^ you need some type of power supply to run that LED

ive never needed any power supply. the channel selector works by sending voltage through the cable.

i have never in my life seen a simple channel selector switch with led that needed any type of power supply, they all run on the voltage being fed from the channel selector cable from the amp. silly noob.
Last edited by sizzlefizzle at Dec 9, 2007,
lol that would be funny if you had to use up an extra wall outlet to power a couple of tiny LED lights.

about the pics I said i was going to post...

The WD-40 is no where to be found and I know that i'm going to strip the screws if i keep on trying.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by the_crimison
sorry.. haha could you make it sound a bit easier? i only did a semester of dt so far. lets say i wanted to make a footswitch like the boss fs-6