Page 1 of 2
Inspired by the old UGer thread. Basically; how different is this place since you joined? How different are YOU? Look inside yourself!!!

I never really came in the pit until I'd been here a while, and to be quite honest I can't really remember what the other forums were like. However, I seem to recall there being a LOT more elitism in the EG and GG&A forums. Nowadays people are much more open to Line 6 gear, and threads don't collapse into flamewars when someone mentions they have an MG

So... How have you seen things round here change?
i have 2 MGs but they are slowly rotting in the corner of my room.
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
flame all line 6 owners!
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
i've been hitting this website up as long as i can remember but it wasn't until a few days ago that i actually registered....so it's about the same as when i joined :P
I was getting on UG for about 2 years until i register, but in these 2 years, I improved much more my guitar skill, and last year I bought a Crate GTX65
It sucks now
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Since I joined?
UG TV
UG Radio
UG Profiles
Cas isn't around so much
Obviously, admins & mods have changed
The Pit is much more lucid
GB&C changes constantly, so nothing really new there
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quote by Toilets
I no longer like Green Day.

Less of Scourge's hillarious avatars.

And of course the Greenday bashing, that's gone. It used to be rampant.

I remember back in the day that's all anyone would bash. People loved American Idiot at first, then started bashing it

Of course, it's the same now, just Fall Out Boy and MCR that have taken their place
It got flooded with morons and 4chan memes.

That is not to say there weren't any morons in 05, but a significantly less proportion. It seems to have exponentially increased since then.
There's been an almost complete change of the regulars in the pit. (I miss all the old ones )
There are a lot more references to 4chan.
There is even more flaming now.
There are a lot more members.
There is now UG.TV, UG radio etc.
The threads have less of a point. And that's really saying something.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
I became a person with a screwed up mind about some hardcore-fanatics ...
No regrets anyway
Quote by Archaon
It got flooded with morons and 4chan memes.

That is not to say there weren't any morons in 05, but a significantly less proportion. It seems to have exponentially increased since then.

Because we all have to be nice now, so the morons don't get stamped out of existence within the first week.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
UGtopia ruined things. I wish people were mean again. That said, I'm still a noob, so I don't really know much.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Because we all have to be nice now, so the morons don't get stamped out of existence within the first week.

I remember getting banned for completely wrecking some idiot that was being an asshole.

He asked for help, some guys tried to give him help, but he was like, "OMFG U IDITOS NAWT LIEK DAT!!! DATS NUT WAT I WNT!"

And I proceeded to insult him on the basis that he shouldn't be an asshole to people that are trying to help him. Funny thing is I KNEW I was going to get banned for that but I posted it anyway.
I barely remember when people were still flaming like crazy. I kinda came in on the end of that.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
Umm.. Not much really. Except, I don't get so many insults from people. I used to get tons of them.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by chubbychunks
UGtopia ruined things. I wish people were mean again. That said, I'm still a noob, so I don't really know much.

Fuck off clown. Feel better now? Happy to be able to assist you.
I'm still a noob. And always shall be.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58

How can someone who is like.. At least twenty years older than all of us be a n00b? I think that gives you exempt status.

n00b poseur.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

People no longer say(in every fecing thread) how rhcp is the gratest thing since sliced bread... thank God.
Quote by bequickorbedead
There's been an almost complete change of the regulars in the pit. (I miss all the old ones )
There are a lot more references to 4chan.
There is even more flaming now.
There are a lot more members.
There is now UG.TV, UG radio etc.

Yeah there was some good guys, all gone now.
I liked it in the old days better, less noise.

And now all im waiting for is the flood of members that will join shortly after christmas

Ive changed my avatar, and now use proper sentences.

Why am i here? I just dont know...
Quote by Jackal58

Ahhh much better.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
How can someone who is like.. At least twenty years older than all of us be a n00b? I think that gives you exempt status.

n00b poseur.

I laughed the first time I got called a noob on here.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by nirvana001
No search bar

Is it the end for search bar jokes?
EDIT: Thats a bit of a stupid question, ignore it.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Last edited by mr freezy at Dec 9, 2007,
Hasn't changed much. Just virtually no mention of icyhot now.
It's gonna be a blue day
How long do you have to be here before you're no longer considered a n00b?
Quote by vintage x metal

Almost none of the people who were here when I registered are around now. And my tastes have shifted immensely.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by nirvana001
No search bar

+1
sucks balls. what the hell am i paying my fees for?
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
Quote by Jack Off Jill
How long do you have to be here before you're no longer considered a n00b?

25 years. Everyone's a n00b...
Mainly a rotation in big pit wh0res

At any point, there are always multiple pit wh0res who will post in every thread and their avatar will be seen everywhere you look. As time goes on, pit wh0res are replaced by noobs who then become the next generation of pit wh0res.

and also profiles, UG TV and radio etc.

Quote by mrmarc772
People no longer say(in every fecing thread) how rhcp is the gratest thing since sliced bread... thank God.

Umm well I've been here all the time since you joined and that never happened....
Maybe you secretly think they are the best thing since sliced bread and you imagine such posts....
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Last edited by breadstick at Dec 9, 2007,
When I was a noob, I didn't go to the pit a lot. But wait, I'm still a noob! Fuсk!
Page 1 of 2