Hi,

Thanks for reading. I'm thinking of getting a Jaxville custom strat which has a a Vintage tremelo. Could I replace this with a Floyd rose or if not another tremelo bar which can:

Dive bomb
Pull up
Flutter
Vibrato
And some other harmonics

Please say if I could also do this with a normal vintage tremelo so that if i could i wouldnt have to go through all the hastle.

Thanks.
i recommend the super vee, you dont have to route holes in you guitar for it.....google it

Edit:and yes you can do that with a vintage
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
you could but it would cost a decent amount of money and you would have to cut out and rearrange a lot of the electronics.
wow, thanks for responding so quickly! and thanks, both comments were very helpful
Quote by BlackCross
Hi,

Thanks for reading. I'm thinking of getting a Jaxville custom strat which has a a Vintage tremelo. Could I replace this with a Floyd rose or if not another tremelo bar which can:

Dive bomb
Pull up
Flutter
Vibrato
And some other harmonics

Please say if I could also do this with a normal vintage tremelo so that if i could i wouldnt have to go through all the hastle.

Thanks.

Yes, but:

-if you want to pull up, you need to route underneath the trem first.

-there's a good chance you'll need to route anyway to get the studs in the right place

-the locking nut will need to go behind the existing nut:

If you have a two point synchronized trem, I'd recommend getting something like a Schaller two point trem and a graphite nut plus locking tuners (and if you have string trees, maybe replace those as well).

So maybe something like this Wilkinson/Gotoh bridge:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Dec 9, 2007,