Sorrry if this has been done but the search bar is disabled...

Does anyone here have one? I need to think of something for Christmas since it looks like there's no chance of getting a Wii . I was looking for something like these ones, around 80GB or 160GB cause I have a 20GB iRiver now but it's full up. And how much space would a regular movie or TV show take up?

And one more thing: Is there a reason that the 3rd one down is dearer than the 80GB one?
It takes up practically nothing.

EDIT: same ^

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
I don't know too many people that actually use the video feature, it seems like people spend a lot of money on it and only have 2 or 3 videos on it.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by Alix_D
It takes up next to nothing, but I wouldn't recommend getting one, or in 6 months time you'll need to save up for a new one.

How do you figure. I dont think iv met one person that has 20,000 songs, or 40,000 if your talking about the 160 gig. Unless your one of those people that needs to have the latest and greatest, there would be no reason to have to get a new one anytime even close to the near future, if ever. Thats my opinion anyway.
If you just get a converter, you can basically turn any .mpg music videos into .m4v file. Coz finding music videos in ipod format is a pain in the ass. Only ones you can find in ipod format are usually **** music. and yea, id say the new-gen 80gb ipod is totally worth it. not only music and videos, but its actually a good storage for backups. and trust me, the video comes handy, especially if u catch public transport, LOL
the new nano with video is cool, but too pricey for its capacity. And the ipod touch is just plain overkill.
To be honest I don't really use my iPod video for videos at all. I have video podcasts that I may watch every now and then, and a couple of movies and episodes of south park on it, but thats it. I really only got a video iPod because I need about 55gb for my music
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Quote by Nightmare_xxx
To be honest I don't really use my iPod video for videos at all. I have video podcasts that I may watch every now and then, and a couple of movies and episodes of south park on it, but thats it. I really only got a video iPod because I need about 55gb for my music

Yeah, that's basically what I need it for, but it would be nice to watch Metalocalypse or South Park during school. Thanks guys.
I have one. Its probobly my favorite gadget. I take it with me everywhere I go. I highly reccomend that you get one!
Quote by properBo

Does anyone here have one? I need to think of something for Christmas since it looks like there's no chance of getting a Wii . I was looking for something like these ones, around 80GB or 160GB cause I have a 20GB iRiver now but it's full up. And how much space would a regular movie or TV show take up?

And one more thing: Is there a reason that the 3rd one down is dearer than the 80GB one?

Ack! dont get the 160 gig. it's kind of buggy still, since it's just come out. i know someone who got one, and it crashed about 20 times in the first day. they've now sent it back in exchange for an iPhone.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by specWB
How do you figure. I dont think iv met one person that has 20,000 songs, or 40,000 if your talking about the 160 gig. Unless your one of those people that needs to have the latest and greatest, there would be no reason to have to get a new one anytime even close to the near future, if ever. Thats my opinion anyway.

He meant 'cos it'd break <_<
And he's right, they're pretty unreliable.
If you could I'd get the Wii - is the no chance down to them all being gone or somethin'?

When I get a new pc, I'm gonna ditch my 'pod and get a Zune, the new 80gb ones are amazing
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
One more question that's kind of been annoying me, do you really, really have to use iTunes with it? And if so is there anyway I could quickly transfer all my music off Winamp or something?
How long is the life-span of the battery? If I were to get one, would it be dead 16 months later like my old one?
Quote by properBo
One more question that's kind of been annoying me, do you really, really have to use iTunes with it? And if so is there anyway I could quickly transfer all my music off Winamp or something?

If your music isn't in mp3 or AAC you're screwed
And Media Monkey 3 works with them.
I've got a Video 5.5 G 80 GB. I kicks ass.

I can store all the music i need, 8000 songs and all of That '70s show and South Park [except season 11, which blew chunks]

but with this, i have like less than a gig left.

::BTW, the tv shows are encoded good enough to watch on a tv.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Quote by properBo

When you install itunes it searches your entire computer for mp3s/wma(asks if you want to convert it) and puts them in your library.

Then you plug in your ipod and it transfers it.

But yeah, have to use itunes.
i got the new 80 GB video. like pretty much everyone said, it's well worth it. i have about 7 hours of video on mine, and a couple hundred songs, and it only took up about 3 or 4 GB.
Quote by Broadsword
I posted this in the last one, but yeah, some old dude in a McDonalds in Alabama called me an aardvark.

Quote by properBo

If you had come up to forestside on friday or saturday we had wiis in game.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
I have the 30GB one, and I'm glad I got it. I put a lot of videos on it. Good buy, indeed.

Get an 80GB. They're manPods. The 30GB is like, pubescentteenPod.
Quote by specWB

No, what I meant is, it'll break by then.
Quote by Alix_D
No, what I meant is, it'll break by then.

I already corrected 'em