What kind of camera would be good for recording guitar videos to put up on youtube?
Something with good sound and video quality, and hopefully under 200 dollars.
If you really want good sound quality then a digicam isn't gonna cut it. What u need is some sort of recording interface and a webcam or something. Record the vid w/ the cam, the audio w/ the interface and then get a program and merge them together.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Or a digital camcorder + recording interface setup, too. Whatever you do, the digicamcorder footage is gonna have crap audio, so you need to record as well. soul_power, you make a good point that I wouldn't have thought of.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

If you think you can get a good camera with good sound and video quality for under 200 you are nuts. unless you buy it stolen.

I work in retail and I hate how people think they can get amazing stuff for next to nothing. greedy morons.
record the audio separately and the add any old digital camera footage of you playing, youtubes crap quality anyway
Quote by holybassbatman!
If you think you can get a good camera with good sound and video quality for under 200 you are nuts. unless you buy it stolen.

I work in retail and I hate how people think they can get amazing stuff for next to nothing. greedy morons.

i agree with that guy, the sound and visual is going to be **** on youtube and open your budget a little more
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
^That's not a downside in this case. He needs to record audio separately anyway.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)