I've been wearing glasses for about four and a half years, and I want to switch to contact lens. Does anyone here use them? and do they have disadvantages?
i have dailys, as i lack the hygiene for monthlys. i recommend them. takes a while to get used, for yourself and other people seeing you, but it means you have full vision!
I never liked my glasses so much. I got contact lenses about 5 or 6 years ago in seventh grade (in 12th now). Seriously they were a godsend.
Well. The disadvantage is you can forget to take them out.. And they wind up being in there for half a year before you realize it. Then you remember how much it hurts to put them back in, so you don't want to take them out anyway..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
the only thing i don't like about my lenses is its a pain in the arse trying to take them out when you're drunk...fingers in eyes...not fun...
some people can wear them and some people just cant. try different kinds out and see which one you like better, they feel like absolute death at first but you might get used to them, i'm one of those people who just cant wear them, ive tried dailys which were complete hell, then i tried other types of materials and they were hell, to the point where i still coundlt even open my eyes afetr wearing them for 2 hours. just try and see.
Get them, but make sure you get the daily ones, they are alot better than the others.
The only real disadvantage to them is that every once in a while if you were them for to long your eyes burn.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Well. The disadvantage is you can forget to take them out.. And they wind up being in there for half a year before you realize it. Then you remember how much it hurts to put them back in, so you don't want to take them out anyway..

what bull. you couldn't have them in for half a year!! they don't even last one sleep!
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Yea, pretty much. It's not so much that it hurts for me, but more so that I find it difficult.

But yea. I definitely prefer contacts over glasses. I've only had them for about three months. Once you put them in and they get comfortable, you forget you're wearing them, and you can see perfect. So much better than glasses.
Spiral Out
Quote by fender_696
what bull. you couldn't have them in for half a year!! they don't even last one sleep!

Um.. Yes they do?

Actually, I've only been wearing one for that long. The other one I lost.. And I'm too lazy to buy new ones. So I'm walking around with one contact in..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
For me its a pain to put them on. I think my eyes arent as healthy because of my lack of hygeine with contacts. I like them for the most part though
I have to take mine out and put them in each day.
The longest I can sleep with them in is like an hour.
It's easy to get them dirty or have sore eyes.
I can't keep them in long anyways because my eyes get tired.
So they won't focus properly after like 12 hours.
Though I have the second highest prescription.
For someone with better eyes they have more options.
Also if they don't have astigmatisms.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
I think the length they can stay in depends on what kind. Apparantly you can get mineral or something build up on the lens. I use a pair that I take out at night and put into a cleaning liquid, and put back on in the morning.
They're great for me, but one of the disadvantages is that when or if you get dry eyes they are very irritable.
Quote by munchinator
I think the length they can stay in depends on what kind. Apparantly you can get mineral or something build up on the lens. I use a pair that I take out at night and put into a cleaning liquid, and put back on in the morning.
They're great for me, but one of the disadvantages is that when or if you get dry eyes they are very irritable.

+1

Fans will be your worst enemy when you get them. You HAVE to remember to take them out at night too. Besides that, they're awesome.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
hey, does anyone know what i can do about dry eyes. ive tried like 5 different kinds and am on dailys now and they're still dry. The only good thing is since i only use a pair once, dirt doesn't build up in them and my eyes aren't bloodshot. I use those blink eyedrops but they only help for about an hour. it pisses me off, becuase i want to wear them because i look stupid with glasses.
Listen to CKY.
Quote by cky_rocks
hey, does anyone know what i can do about dry eyes. ive tried like 5 different kinds and am on dailys now and they're still dry. The only good thing is since i only use a pair once, dirt doesn't build up in them and my eyes aren't bloodshot. I use those blink eyedrops but they only help for about an hour. it pisses me off, becuase i want to wear them because i look stupid with glasses.

You could probably go to a eye doctor and he might prescribe a prescription eyedrops.
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Yeah they take some time to get used to but theyre definately worth it. i use the Gas permable ones that i keep for a year. Just dont put them in your eyes with the cleaning saline solution on or youll be in pain. worst thing about the hard ones is when something is in your eyes. that hurts. but other than that go for it
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
theyre 100% worth it, i hate wearing glasses so i wear my contacts all of the time now. i use those acuvue oasis ones form the commercials on tv and they seem to work very well. ive never had an infection or anything, and ive been using them for over a year.
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
yeh they're actually brilliant, my confidence with chicks (and in general) went up massively, and the maintenance isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, though it's probably true that some people will find them more comfortable than others. once you get into routine, then everything gets a lot easier. just remember to keep your hands clean whenever you take them out.

instead of dailies and monthlies, you can also get onces whcich you have to replace after two weeks. sure you can't keep them in 24 hours but they have other advantages (cost, etc).
I use dailies whenever I need - go to a gig, biking, rugby etc. They can just be a bit fiddly to put in, and if you're not a fan of poking yourself in the eyes, don't bother. Just remember not to let them dry out.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I love them. I don't even notice they are in. I'll put them in at like 7 AM and leave them in till 11 or 12 no trouble at all. I've got soft lenses that I take out every night and put back in every morning. They're genious. It's not really a hassle to take them in and out either once you get used to them.