Page 1 of 2
Hey i am stuck between the esp Kh 602, or the ibanez s series, if i buy the s series im going to put new pups in it but i was just wondering if any one owns both or has played both and what you think , i heard the rose on the esp breaks all the time but i have never used one so im not sure
The trem on the ESP is a OFR so it really shouldn't be a problem. I don't know enough about the Ibanez S series to give you a recommendation but I can tell you that I am extremely happy with both of my ESP LTDs.
"It's not a beard, it's an animal I've trained to sit very still" - Bill Bailey
really? i have heard so many people bash esp, so the kirk 602 blows the s series?
ESP guitars are absolutely great, it just the LTDs below the 400 series that are awful. Me, I'd take an ESP over a Jackson, Schecter or Ibanez anyway.
So the kirk ltd isn't **** though, like it comes with solid pups and OFR tremlo
Yes. However, try the Ibanez. Just because the KH is great doesn't mean the Ibanez isn't better.
so the floyd rose doesn't have that many problems with it, like what i have heard is that it breaks all of the time and is a pain to use,
The necks are different and so is the body woods.

You cant really say ESP Vs Ibanez because you are comparing 2 different guitars with 2 completely different specs. I assume the Ibanez is cheaper though.
Quote by billyuni
so the floyd rose doesn't have that many problems with it, like what i have heard is that it breaks all of the time and is a pain to use,

The ZR on the Ibanez is kinda easy to adjust.
yeah but there isn't that much difference in the price, plus i would have to put new pups in the ibanez, but so its not that much cheaper if any in the end
The KH602 is actually a ESP/LTD not an ESP, its still a nice guitar though. The only advantage it has over the S is the pickups, the rest is just personal taste.

I recommend trying out the S series, you're not paying for a name there and you get the awesome ZR trem. Which S series are you looking at?
Well they are two different guitars. For what music i play i prefer the Ibanez but is a matter of preference
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (moDE)

Ibanez Electro-Acustic

Zoom G2.1u

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT 2x12

And A Great Passion!

Best Spanish Rock Band IS and WILL always be "Heroes Del Silencio"!!!!!
the s620, but i heard that they are the same as the lower models like s470 just more mapple, do you know if this is true, like if it is i think i would just buy a lower end one and put better pick ups on it, but i have played the s620 and really liked it just the pick ups are thos INF pickups designed by emg and do not sound as good as the emg 81s that are on the KH.
yeah i have a strat, and an older rg series and a vox amp nothing to huge but im looking at getting a marshall half stack soon with the guitar
i am looking for the guitar that i can play fast on and that has a good tremlo and these are the two guitars i have got it down to
Quote by billyuni
the s620, but i heard that they are the same as the lower models like s470 just more mapple, do you know if this is true, like if it is i think i would just buy a lower end one and put better pick ups on it, but i have played the s620 and really liked it just the pick ups are thos INF pickups designed by emg and do not sound as good as the emg 81s that are on the KH.

More maple?

Im pretty sure they are all mahogony bodies and maple neck with rosewood fretboard.
In just the LTD range, I argue there is better. As in... take your pick, almost any of the other (400) LTDs are better.

That out of the way, I'd say go with the Ibanez. In an actual ESP vs Ibanez comparions, the ESP wins every single time, but LTD vs Ibanez, I've found Ibanez just have better build quality - and that's something you can't fix with a simple upgrading of a part or two.
Quote by billyuni
i am looking for the guitar that i can play fast on and that has a good tremlo and these are the two guitars i have got it down to

Well the ibanez has 22 frets, and has a middle single coil for more versatility, and its also a nice lightweight guitar.

This one looks pretty good.
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S470DXQM
Last edited by jake911 at Dec 9, 2007,
so in the end you would say ibanez over the KH ltd, like i like the look of the s series but i do like me rg and wouldn't mind getting another on,
ibanez, the ZR bridges are like sex
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
yeah but i think i would replace the pickups but yeah i dont see much difference in that guitar the 620 if im replacing the pickups
Quote by billyuni
so in the end you would say ibanez over the KH ltd, like i like the look of the s series but i do like me rg and wouldn't mind getting another on,

YOu will have to try them both to be sure, but I would go Ibanez.

Im pretty sure both are made in Korea too.
Neither. LTD MH-1000.

It has an 81/85 pickup set instead of that retarded 81/81 set which never made sense to me. Besides that, basically the same specs as the 602 minus Kirk's name, and it looks better IMO.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
oh really ill take a look, i was just wondering though for the ibanez if any one has used the pickups that are designed by emg
Quote by Phil ze impaler
ummm
am i the only one who'll say Ibanez??
theres no equal to the ZR tremolo

OFR is undoubtedly better than a ZR Trem, and if you really believe otherwise you're just being naive.
well im still stuck if anyone has any advice about going with an ibanez or esp ltd, and best guitar for the buck let me know i still can't decide
Page 1 of 2