Since searching has been disabeled i decided to make a thread about this little thingy. My question is that can this little extremely cheap amp handle post-hardcore/metalcore/deathcore stuff ? Im just concidering this thingy to get for practicing quietly. Btw, i have metal muff, will muff make the tone of it a little better ?

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Thanks, any more opinions?

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

It's half a watt, purely for practise and it has the recto setting. it'll do you fine. It's the best practise amp evar.

EDIT: to the post below, Yeah I have one. Bestest fwend in the world has one. They're ****ing good. Buy Buy Buy.
Last edited by Tarzan_man at Dec 9, 2007,
Thanks, but i'd appreciate few more opinions, specially from microcube owners.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Good for everything except hard rock IMO.
Love the clean and metal setting. Effects aren't usable (as they are all on 2 knobs) but the amp is just for practice anyway.
Sounds great at low volumes. Great practice amp. But if you can play loud in a garage etc I would opt for a small wattage tube amp. Harley Benton GA5 maybe.

Im just concidering this thingy to get for practicing quietly.

Perfect for that.
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
Now i have one last question, wich should i concider, micro cube or cube 15x. I don't actually care about the effects, im just after the bassy distorted tone.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

If you want a metal small practicing amp, the microcube is your best bet. I have one and it can acutally get loud enough to start shaking things on my desk. I might have to sell mine soon becuase Im probably going to buy a ad30vt because I need more volume. But the cube is perfect for what your looking for.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Quote by loxer
Now i have one last question, wich should i concider, micro cube or cube 15x. I don't actually care about the effects, im just after the bassy distorted tone.

If I'm correct the 15x don't have ampmodelling. You should go with the microcube, the rectifier modell sounds perfect for you if you're after that bassy distorted tone.
Thanks guys. Still i'd like to hear few more opinions, just to be sure ( i really can't test the amp out by myself :S ).

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by loxer

I'd like to see few more opinions on that question.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

I think the Microcube is a good sounding practice amp for metal. I tried it for 15 minutes at a music store, but to me it was surprisingly loud and the digital effects sounded surprisingly good. Almost bought one.
Dude, it's awesome, I have it and I still use it for practice with headphones. It also has a aux line in so you can play along and the rect. is perfect for metalcore and the likes. It's really loud too, it may only be 2W but it is nearer to a 10W amp of similar caliber. Buy it dude it's not that big of an investment and theres no real alternative so you really don't need so many people's oppinions

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by loxer

I have the Cube 15 and it sucks.

The Cube series is known for its amp modeling and its effects; the Cube 15 has neither.

Don't buy the Cube 15.

Microcube, ftw.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.