Hey all, I was looking into getting an amp more suited for metal sounds, mostly Metallica type sounds, and I was wondering what kind of amps would be best for this in the 200-300 dollar price range. I have heard Mesa Boogies are good, but I didn't know if they're lower end models are as note worthy as the top of the line stuff. So any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
same question here ^^
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

200-$300? not even close to ANY Mesa amps. Your best bet would be to look at Randall solid state amps at that price range. Or save up
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Actually i forgot about the Cube 30. Great idea also, and has a variety of sounds
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
how loud does it have to be? i know vox and crate both make pretty decent solid-state amps that could do well for metal.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!