I got the power tubes replaced, and a new fuse put in after I heard a "POP" and smoke came out of it. It's a slight electrical smell which I assume is left over from that incident? It smelled a lot when it happened, stunk up my whole room. I just got it back from the shop.
Well it's possibly just a smell left over from the previous incident. Although it's possible that you poped a capacitor. They smell awful when they pop
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
its gonna self destruct in 15 minutes...

you have no idea where the smell is coming from? can u see stuff around the fuse that blew?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
The capacitor blew and then some fuse blew, too. It reeked up the room and I had to open a window and have a fan going for about an hour and it still remained.

The technician replaced a bunch of ****, including the power tubes. They also installed a slow-something fuse. Slowwave, maybe? Anyway, yeah. Left these details out. It's a Fender Blues Jr. I'm pretty sure that the smell is disappating so I'm hoping it's from the capacitor blowing.
^u should've notified me if u were gonna do **** to a blues jr... did u replace the powertubes by urself? did u put in EL84s? u did it after the amp's been sitting unplugged for a while right?

it should be slow reacting or something. iono if that's a pro or con if you're gonna be playing at home, but yea.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Don't worry, i'm pretty sure it's just the smell left over after the cap blowing, we blew one up on work experience in an electronics place and my clothes smelled for ages after it
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by ECistheBest
^u should've notified me if u were gonna do **** to a blues jr... did u replace the powertubes by urself? did u put in EL84s? u did it after the amp's been sitting unplugged for a while right?

it should be slow reacting or something. iono if that's a pro or con if you're gonna be playing at home, but yea.

If you've read my other posts about this, you would be able to figure out that I took it to a music store to have it done. I'm glad you're willing to be my amp police, though, good to know.