For the first half of Bridge to Cross by BLS, is Zakk using his LP with EMG's? I really like that clean sound, and if EMG's can do that I'll be happy with 'em. Thanks
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
who really knows what he used to record it in the studio with.but live he does use his LP.

The clean does sound like it would be a Gibson and EMG combo but who really knows.
Yeah, you could get that tone out of a set of EMG's.

Couldn't be sure thats what he is using in Bridge to Cross though...

I know he has used a Danelectro in studio before even lol, so could be something weird.
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
if its a recording, i honestly doubt it. Or else theres alot of studio magic involved. Alot of ppl say they are the worst pickups u can have clean, thats why everyone has to run a chorus or some other effect when playing with em. If theres no effect on it, i really dont think theyre EMGs.
Ok, well do any of you have a link to where I can hear a sample of EMGs on clean? I tried the EMG site, but for some reason the clip won't work.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Roland Micro Cube
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
Wow, those sound pretty good. So on Metallica S&M Kirk is using EMGs too, right? One and Call of the Ktulu have some pretty nice clean tone. I know that it'll mainly be my amp, effects, and me, but I just want the potential to be there.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Roland Micro Cube
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
I've actually bookmarked those links for the next inevitable "ZOMG EMGS R TEH SUXX0RS!" post.
"It's not a beard, it's an animal I've trained to sit very still" - Bill Bailey
Quote by SublimeGuitar
eww those didnt appeal to me at all imo.

Same. Well, they did, but I would rather have my guitar sound different.
For bridge to cross he might be using a Roland Jazz Chorus, as he does use it in the studios sometimes. As for the ESP EC1000 series, I'd go with the Vintage black, it has an ebony fretboard instead of rosewood, and they have a great sound.
When will DiMarzio make active pickups?