I need to learn how to take lyrics from songs and transcribe them to guitar. I plan on doing an instumental album, like an audio chrismas card, and need help.
what do you exactly mean, learn?
u just kinda, listen to it, and figure it out, not sure if u can actually be taught to do it
Isn't there a process to creating them. and geting the right sound or is it just play around and find it.
im no expert and zigslip is right, you have to just figure it out, but i would have thought that if you look up the tab first you can get an idea of the key youre in and it should give you a good starting point.
Quote by trainstobrazil
im no expert and zigslip is right, you have to just figure it out, but i would have thought that if you look up the tab first you can get an idea of the key youre in and it should give you a good starting point.

thatll help too, if u know how to play the song u can find where the notes are easier, also, remember, most songs dont go around the whole neck singing every note possible, so dont go crazy all over the neck to find the note
i found a way to get it quick. I found a MIDI track of the song and imported it into Power Tab editor and it did it for me. Not the best way to learn but i don't have a lot of time.
Firstly, the term you are looking for is 'vocal melody', because a guitar cant play words.

Learning to recognise intervals by ear will help greatly with transcribing any melody.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums