so i should be gettin a couple giftcards this christmas to one of the local guitar shops. i feel like i need somethin to add to my new sound. but im not quite sure what i should go for first.

im debating on whether i should go for the dunlop crybaby (one w/ true bypass), ibanez delay pedal, an EQ pedal, or just somethin i haven't really thought of.

im guessin i'll have anywhere between $50 and $100 from the giftcards. so my limit at the moment is $150 seeing as i not completely depending on this new addition to be the sole part of my sound.

if nothing else i'll just invest on cosmetic stuf (i.e. a new strap, maybe guitarist stool, locking tuners, maybe new toggle switch, etc.)

my band is more of a modern metal type sound w/ the classic rock sound incorporated from my solos and riffage. im lead guitar so if this lil bit of info helps u help me then great!!!

thanx in advance
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
where r u trying to get a true bypass crybaby?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i bought an EQ.. fish n chips for like 10$ on ebay.. retails for 30$ i think.. amazing made my toe so muchd iffrent.
well no offense kashmir, but at this point i am no longer trying to get budget effective pedals, i want ones that are die cast, can take a beating, not neccessarily top of the line, but really good. i know danelectro makes good pedals but i want some that have really nice features.

as to you, EC, the guitar shop im gettin it from is called Jammin Johns, and they will match any price off of Musiciansfriend.com. is that what u meant?

thanx so far
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
a chorus pedal perhaps?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
might look into a chorus pedal MAYBE. my third amp was a Vox valvetronix (love it still) and it had very very good effects and control on them. so i used the chorus a lot on it, but ONLY for the clean stuff. im not quite sure if i'd use it that much tho. i dont really prefer it for lead, im not into the Nirvana tone when it comes to soloing. but i'll give it some thought. thanx so far again
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
well no offense kashmir, but at this point i am no longer trying to get budget effective pedals, i want ones that are die cast, can take a beating, not neccessarily top of the line, but really good. i know danelectro makes good pedals but i want some that have really nice features.

as to you, EC, the guitar shop im gettin it from is called Jammin Johns, and they will match any price off of Musiciansfriend.com. is that what u meant?

thanx so far

dunlop doesn't manufacture crybabies with true bypass... i think...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
haha my amp has NO effects in it and i dont even care, it focuses 100% on tone. although spring reverb comes in some models of it i wouldn't have minded it.

are u quite sure that they dont have pedals w/ true bypass? im pretty sure the higher quality ones do, i mean if ur gonna pay over $100 for a crybaby you would think they have true bypass right?
can someone confirm this?

thanx again
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
^no. $100 crybabies don't have true bypass. don't assume anything on the market.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i mean if ur gonna pay over $100 for a crybaby you would think they have true bypass right?

Not every pedal over $100 is going to have true bypass. You'll see true bypass with most hand made and boutique pedals. You most likely won't notice much of a tone loss with the Dunlop anyway.
the one i played was $120 and it was a crybaby. i played it on a valveking i think and when it was off it didn't SEEM to affect the tone any, at least i couldn't tell. and when it was on it sounded exactly like i thought a wah should.
don't get me wrong im not saying yall are wrong im jus saying why i assumed what i did.

well a nice wah that could handle rock and metal, but still be used for clean bluesy stuff would be great.

and also more recommendations for other pedals or wutever would be nice.

thanx more!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
^from $120 crybaby, i'll assume it's the 95Q. if the bypass on that satisfies your ears, you probably don't need true bypass. all that matters after all is, if you like it or not.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
The 95Q is switchless too, you won't have to worry about replacing a sticky pot down the road.
it doesn't have any kind of knob on it or anything i think it was just the crybaby classic. not the crappy $70 one. it wasn't switchless. i dunno if i'd like switchless, if it lags at all when pressing the pedal down any, then i dont want it. my friend's Rogue wah lags a lil bit when he presses it down so he has to wait bout 2 seconds for the wah to come on....that kind of thing would annoy the hell outta me.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
oh. it's the crybaby classic. you'll grow out of it after you play it. it's not the best. i had it, i replaced it with a regular crybaby and i modified that one.

and it's $100. ur store is ripping u off if they're charging u $120 for it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
With the 95Q, once you step on the treadle you activate the pedal. Once you step off, it's off. There's no lag at all when you step on it. It takes a fraction of a second to turn off after you step off.
ok well i think maybe i should wait on a wah until i try some more out. if it sells for $100 online then they'll match it.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
alritey i looked around on MF and saw this MXR 10 band EQ, the M-108.
now i already love the tone on my amp, but i think w/ this i can get probably near perfectly what i wanna hear. if anyone has any advice bout it, or experience with it that'd be great.
seriously considering it.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH