I got their Black Sails in the Sunset CD and plan to get one of their other ones (I already have Decemberunderground and Blaqk audio is trash) but uhh, what bands are similar to AFI that I would like?
Quote by frd_marshll
isn't there some side project or something with a couple guys from the band

Blaqk Audio, which he already mentioned.
Oh Shit!
Quote by catchy phrase
Blaqk Audio, which he already mentioned.

and Hunters Revenge. Both kind of suck though.

I love all AFI but Decemberunderground was definitely their worst and weakest cd and I hardly listen to it.

There is a HUGE AFI thread in the Punk & Ska forum, I'd ask in there about bands like early AFI.
yeah... the first time i heard Blaqk Audio all i could think was... OMG... its a depeche mode song ive never heard before!!...

and then i was like... wait...
Rock is Dead.

Gear:
Epiphone LPC
Vox AD50VT

Whats the meanest you can be,
To the ones you claim to love,
And still smile to your newfound friends?
AFI is lame

the only thing remotely close to listenable is the first two cds
If looks could kill, my charm will scatter faceless dead bodies, everywhere
I'm also a fan of tiger army, I know of them...any other bands?

I can't find the thread in Punk/Ska either BTW. Besides AFI is hardcore.
Black Sails is mid-period AFI, not old. Having said that try some Ensign, Thought Riot, or Ignite.
Ignite is where its at.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
AFI are amazing, including Decemberunderground, which I think is just as good as any of their other releases (better than many) although it's not that hardcore (at all).

You could try Tiger Army, like someone already said, but they are punk, with some rockabilly sound.

You might like some of AFI's earlier cd's like Shut You Mouth and Open Your Eyes, and you could also get Art of Drowning, which has a similar sound to Black Sails... but a bit more melodic. Also check out the All Hallows Eve EP, which has some fantastic tunes on it, and a Misfits cover.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
AFI are amazing, including Decemberunderground, which I think is just as good as any of their other releases (better than many) although it's not that hardcore (at all).

You could try Tiger Army, like someone already said, but they are punk, with some rockabilly sound.

You might like some of AFI's earlier cd's like Shut You Mouth and Open Your Eyes, and you could also get Art of Drowning, which has a similar sound to Black Sails... but a bit more melodic. Also check out the All Hallows Eve EP, which has some fantastic tunes on it, and a Misfits cover.

I've realized they have pretty much pwned basically every genre of punk 0.0
Quote by waldorphPRS41
and Hunters Revenge. Both kind of suck though.

i heard Hunters Revenge was based from his love of Prince.
I think it sucks, Blaqk Audio is pretty awesome, they're just as good as AFI, but in an electronica type of way...
O O

___
All AFI's albums are good. Decemberunderground was a good album, it was different and new, but very good. Yeah, I think they may have peaked at Black Sails or StS, but they're still good.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Early AFI at can make me think I'm listening to the Misfits.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing