litus
on
2,089 IQ
well here i go
where i am supossed to conect the microphone?
most places where i used to practice with my band connected everything to a PA system and then to the speakers

but now i am practicing in my friends house and i dont know where tu put the mic
all we got are guitar and bass combo amps
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Last edited by litus at Dec 9, 2007,
Roybordom
146 IQ
find an amp head/PA that can plug in a microphone, then hook it up to a speaker. you cant plug a microphone into guitar and bass combo amps
C_Miller
327 IQ
In the normal input jack. Use the bass amp rather than the guitar amp. The bass amp will hold the lower frequency better, unless you have an abnormally high voice.
twistedmaggot
Mmmm Tasty....
819 IQ
you'll need to get a connection that'll fit in a 3/4" input jack, i think.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Revan
Str4t phr33k
502 IQ
The failure that is the presence on this humble site still astounds me. First off, do you have a dynamic mic or a condenser? If you have a condenser, you will need something 48v phantom power. If not, (I assume you don't have one) you simply need an XLR to 1/4 in. converter. These are not too pricey, I got mine for around 10-12 bucks.
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX
axemanchris
Awwww.... NOW what?!
2,471 IQ
I'll say that - given the limited range of gear they have - the likelihood of it being a condensor is slim at the very best. Not impossible, though, so it could be a point well taken.

I've jammed using a mic plugged into an XLR input to a keyboard amp with some half-way reasonable success. A bass amp isn't that different. But then, sharing the bass amp between vocal and bass duties is less than ideal.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.