Page 1 of 2
if u like bc rich, this is the safe haven 4 u. i hav a bich and a warlock, and i love them very much.
BC Rich ftl.

Unless you have 700 USD to spend on one.

But if you have that much money to spend and you buy a BC Rich and not an Ibanez or Schecter, you're an idiot.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I have three BC Rich guitars and they are quite good I have a V, Mockingbird and Beast all NJ series. My kid has a Warlock NJ series and he loves that as well. It was his first guitar and he plans on never getting rid of it.

John
I want a WMD Warbeast sooo bad. But I also want 12034789038789021 other guitars sooo bad. *sigh*
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
I have a bronze series warlock, it was pretty much my first guitar, and I wouldn't trade anything for it, despite it's quality. To me, it was great for starting on.

haha, you're funny .
B.c rich dropped prices on alot of their more expensive stuff to compete with other brands.

And to the tools saying they suck obviously have only played the bronze series which do suck but like all beginner guitars do.

I think they have some great specs for the price (in most cases)
If you guys like your B.C. Riches, screw what anyone else says. At the end of the day, you're the one that's playing your guitar. Noone else. Try everything, go with what you like and don't let other people make your decisions for you. The most meaningful experience in life is gained firsthand. I will say though that I was totally unsatisfied with an '05 NJ warlock I had for a short while. It was built very well but the sound was shrill and thin. By way of comparison, my '93 platinum has a lot more body to the sound even though the build quality is pretty poor. Never going to get rid of it though, it has a lot of sentimental value. It's a tough guitar to play, kind of uncomfortable on the hand and bad neck dive but I was young when I got it and didn't know any better. It was a large part of building up my skills to the point they're at.
I'm not really sure where all of the BC Rich bashing comes from. I own several of them, and even the lowest priced one that I have (garage sale Platinum Warlock) isn't a terrible axe. I own a couple of the Exotic Classic series from this year, and they are of excellent build quality.
For those wanting an education on this brand, I highly recommend checking out www.bcrichplayers.com
There are some "vintage only" cork-sniffer types on there, but I learned enough to know that this is a brand I'll continue to collect for several years to come.
Lol ignorance.

Even I, the head of an Ibanez hate group, do not barge into threads and declare how Ibanez suck. I even recommend them on occasion.

Sadly the people of this forum do not generally realise that there is such a thing as a) Personal taste or b) Sense of humour.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
But if you have that much money to spend and you buy a BC Rich and not an Ibanez or Schecter, you're an idiot.

Not really. Not eveyrone digs the feel of a Schecter or Ibanez (i love my schecter ^_^). But i played a BC Rich Mockingbird special, and it was pretty friggin nice. Great playing, felt awesome, great fret access, clear tone. Only 500 (according to the salesman). It gave me a thick les paul-ish tone, without the mud in high gain, and it add some nice added high end (and wicked fret access to boot).

Yet again it really comes down to what a player knows feels great to them. To some, a Strat is the ultimate guitar ever, to others it is a sucky plank of wood. Some feel a Les Paul is the only good guitar out there, others think they're muddy as hell. Playability, much like tone, is subjective.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
BC Rich ftl.

Unless you have 700 USD to spend on one.

Bc Rich has some competive prices on the 07 line up. All of their 700 dollar guitars are neck through mahogany bodys with ebony fretboards and probably half of them have OFRs and coil tap. I've also heard nothing but good things about the rockfield pickups they've been using.

Your the idiot for not considering them as an option. Seriously, stop being so narrow minded.
I just sold my Acrylic Series Mockingbird. I loved the feel and the see-thru green look, but it weighed a ton and the BSDM pickups sucked.
Quote by fearstrike
bc rich guitars suck.
/thread

Uninformed opinions suck.
/thread
Be cool.
"BCR suck"?!! You should be embarassed making uninformed statements like that. I doubt that you will put forth the effort to look into it, but in the circles I travel, there are some very sought-after BCR pieces. Hand-made in the US, neck-through, vintage pieces are probably not something you're familiar with, though. They trade freely in the $3-4000 range, and are very sought after by collectors who appreciate quality guitars. BC Rich offers inexpensive guitars, which are aimed at the student market. They should not be judged by that alone.
Quote by vikingninja
if u like bc rich, this is the safe haven 4 u. i hav a bich and a warlock, and i love them very much.

i has a spllchcker and garrmer cheker, i lov them moe
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Colgate Total
Which ones would you guys choose? The Warbeast, or the Assassin?

assassin fx6. that guitar is so damn pretty and feels SOOOOO nice!
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Mockingbird Special sorry if i got the wrong guitar i think its called that.
^ Ooh! Me!!!

And today is the one year anniversary of me and my Warlock. She has served me well, and will do so for many years
i think the problem with people hating on BC's is that they cant make this simple comparison in their head-

bronze series is to the higher end models, just like squier is to fender

theyre for beginners, theyre more affordable, etc etc

but seriously, they must be horrible guitars. all BC Rich that is. after all, no one from the 80's that was in a decent band used them, right? wait, i think i hear the Mustaine train pulling into you-just-got-served station!

pawn shop down the street is selling a platinum warlock for $150... hope its there still friday!
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Quote by Vermintide
^ Ooh! Me!!!

And today is the one year anniversary of me and my Warlock. She has served me well, and will do so for many years

Just for you:
It looks like a lefty in the first three pics, but that's just my laptop's camera that makes it look that way :S I'll take some pictures with a digital camera later!

Quote by icaneatcatfood
I have a bronze series warlock, it was pretty much my first guitar, and I wouldn't trade anything for it, despite it's quality. To me, it was great for starting on.

Same, I've moved on to better things but I'm keeping it just because it was my first guitar.

Oh and Bc Richs in general arn't bad guitars tbh, i am seriously looking into an exotic Mockingbird for my next guitar.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Just for you:
It looks like a lefty in the first three pics, but that's just my laptop's camera that makes it look that way :S I'll take some pictures with a digital camera later!

i hate strat shaped guitars. BUT, i would kill for that one. its friggin sick man! thats the only fretboard i've seen that gives mine a run for its money
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
i've never really liked the shapes of most b.c. riches, haven't played one either, but if you guys like what you got, then keep it.

oh and i totally lol'd this one time at Chuck E. CHeese. they have this really lame vid of chuckee playing with his "band". they were playing this really gay country song and the dog was playing a red warlock

family party i couldn't avoid...don't ask
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by Steve The Plank
Just for you:

Can you stop with these pictures,that guitar is not all that great so just trash these photos already..
Sweet Assassin, bro! If it came with a Kahler, there would be one in my living room! Maybe in'08...
Hey cannibalwolf, if you don't like B.C. Rich guitars, uhh... exactly how much value does posting two negative comments have in a thread about how much their owners like them? Seriously, if you don't like B.C. Rich, Fender, Gibson, Peavey, etc, that's fine. Just go back to the Dean or Line 6 threads where you can contribute positively. I think the thread title is pretty clear in it's intent.
Page 1 of 2