i really want to learn a harder more challenging song. everytime i play with someone more experience than me, i feel like a noob even though i've been playing for 2 years and not that bad of a player. i'm used to playing with a punk rock style but this time around i want to improve my speed and technique. i'm not that great with complex solos. any suggestions guys. i want an easy yet more advanced song.
::type
Try some System of a Down
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
what about like ac/dc or sex pistols or something like that? what bands do you enjoy?
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
play what you like man. Most bands have easy-internmediate-and advanced songs.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Try Smoke On The Water. The full song, the solo in it should help you in your situation.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
"Zombie" by the Cranberries. Not too difficult, but sounds impressive.
When we are touched by a song, it is because the artist cannot hide himself. ~Leonard Cohen
If you want to try doing those complex solos, start off with the pentatonic scale, and use some solos from songs for an idea of what you can do.
Hysteria by Muse is wicked fun in my opinion And the solo is pretty dang easy. Oh and fun...
Also "Fear of the Dark" by Maiden.
When we are touched by a song, it is because the artist cannot hide himself. ~Leonard Cohen
Bloodline and Disciple by Slayer..... there slower by Slayer standards but still fairly fast not too to hard but very kickass to play but there tuned in C# which is 1 1/2 steps down from standard
Quote by tlohrmann13
what about like ac/dc or sex pistols or something like that? what bands do you enjoy?

well i like the sex pistols solos. i also like bands like the beatles, the who, queen, led zeppelin, the clash, green day....just to name a few.
Quote by mark.dna
"Zombie" by the Cranberries. Not too difficult, but sounds impressive.

i'll try this song. i really like it.