For the past week or so I have been set on the AD50VT series. I love the amp, and it's plenty for what I'm doing.

My question is, is the 112 enough for playing small gigs? If so I think I will just forget about the 212.

The 112 comes with a Celestion 70/80 8 ohm
the 212 comes with 2 Vox original speakers.

Keep in mind the Vox Original speakers are the same ones that come in EVERY other AD*VT amp. (15,30,50-212, 100)

The Ad50VT is the only one with the celestion speaker in the 112.

Would it be worth it to get the 212? (It is an extra 20 bucks) Or should I get the 112 with the Celestion?
get the 1/12 it sounds descent but its sounds boxy kinda crappy the way to fix this is to just take the back panel off and it sounds 10 times bettor the reason is is that its made out of particle wood
I don't think the extra speaker buys you much in terms of volume. For $20, it's just a little more difficult to get around. The 70/80 is no great speaker either, IMHO. But going with the 1x12 and maybe upgrading that single speaker to a Century Vintage or something similar (like Vox puts in their higher end Valvetronix) would be a better move.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Okay, well I'm not a freak about sound. I'm no pro guitarist. I'm your average rhythm guitarist pretty much.

In terms of SOUND, what is the difference between the Vox Original and the 70/80. No offense, but I'm not going to waste money and just throw out a perfectly good speaker.
Resurrecting this thread.

I need some quick opinions, my dad wants to buy it tomorrow! =)

So, anyway..

212 or 112? I'm not a freak about sound, I want it to play small gigs and overpower drums.

Is the sound quality of the 112 alot better than the 212? And if it's not a significant difference, please tell me.
It won't be a significant difference in tone, so get the 1x12. The speaker is probably more reliable. Plus, it'll be $20 cheaper, and easier to carry around than a 2x12.

So 1x12 for sure.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
I don't mind the $20, but thanks for your input kosmic. But what I meant was, if the tone isn't that much different - maybe I should go for the 212 for more volume.

I don't know much about amps, I'm stupid.

Is the 112 definitely capable of small gigs and overpowering drums? If so, I'll probably grab that.
The 112 is all good for jamming with drums and small gigs. The 212 won't be louder. If I were you, I'd get the 112.

thats pretty epic.
Yup...
It just lets the sound travel wider, but in this case, I think it's a gimmick.
thats pretty epic.
Yup...