How would I go about installing these and so forth? I've seen various models and one model particular (see picture) has no saddle for the strings to sit in, does that mean I file in my own or just let it sit there cold turkey?

I'm pretty sure you have to file it yourself, or have it done for you. That's what they told me at the store, anyway.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Mmm, i'll just bring it to a tech shop and get their opinion, smart idea I guess- might as well get them to install it too (new bass).
i dont know jack about Bass

but if i was you i would take a dremel to it
make it nice and rounded

the saddles
Sounds cool, My dad has one (I'd let him do it). Sounds like I need some advice from both he and a tech now.

Thanks all.
Yeah, from what I understand, pre-grooved bridges are available... somewhere.

That said... I'm still waiting on those 5-string strings-thru-body bridges!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Yeah, from what I understand, pre-grooved bridges are available... somewhere.

That said... I'm still waiting on those 5-string strings-thru-body bridges!

If they come out before I save up £200 for a Kahler trem bridge, I'm getting one of those beauties. But only if I get it in black.
I had one put on my Fender a few years ago. A professional put it in and, yes, they had to file slots onto the saddles, but it was only a $40 or so job, including setting the intonation and any other adjustments. Good purchase, too. It makes the bass sound so much better.
You have to file your own saddles. For this I'd take it to a luthier, they will check intonation and everything for you. But they do sell pre-grooved saddles so you can avoid all of the luthier if you dont trust em' or dont have 1 near you.
http://www.bestbassgear.com/badass-bridge.htm#

You can buy them pre-grooved there. If you want to save $25 and file the grooves yourself, I would be very careful. If you mess up you can't really fix it.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

I bought pre-grooved and don't regret it in the least. Not only do you not have to mess with filing the saddles, but you can easily change string spacings, which is great if you're like me and you like to switch between light and heavy gauge stings
I try to live my life by the old Latin proverb...

“It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend, one's present or future thirst, the excellence of the wine, or any other reason.